SAD: 1981 AFC Playoff Fins vs. Chargers now airing on NFLN........ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAD: 1981 AFC Playoff Fins vs. Chargers now airing on NFLN........

i was there in the end zone bleachers, screamed so loud i had a headache for days, even though we lost that was my favorite game ever to attend. maybe shulas best coaching job ever.

I still blame the Franklin fumble for us losing. Down 24-0, we fight back and have a 38-31 lead AND the ball. Franklin fumbled, they tie it up and we don't score again.

Came away with a ton of respect for Winslow

The guy was exhausted but left everything on the field.

What a game.

I remember seeing an interview (or maybe reading an interview) where Bob Kuechenberg went off on Winslow. The gist of his comment was that he was upset people made such a big deal about Winslow being helped off the field. Kuechenberg said everybody was tired and left everything on the field. Everybody could have been helped off the field.

I know for sure I watched an interview where Shula said he was constantly chastising hi players for helping Chargers players to their feet after plays. He said "Make them use their own strength to get up."

I still blame the Franklin fumble for us losing. Down 24-0, we fight back and have a 38-31 lead AND the ball. Franklin fumbled, they tie it up and we don't score again.
Don’t blame him. They were setting up for a FG. Von Schamman would’ve kicked it into the line anyway. ?

Tell me a 4 team playoffs with the 81 Chargers, the 84 Dolphins, the 2000 Rams and 2020 Chiefs wouldn't be fun to watch. Fouts, Marino, Warner and Mahomes putting up numbers like a video game.

Back
Top Bottom