Safety class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety class

I was reading an article on NFL.COM with a number of people chiming in on the best defensive player in the draft.

Most picked Parsons, a few Surtain, but Holland also received a vote.

He is an absolute ball hawk.

Absolutely. I think he would step foot immediately on this team and is faster than McCain. More of a playmaker than McCain. And tackles better than McCain. And I actually think McCain is underrated by this fan base. To get that immediately is crazy from someone I keep seeing in round 3.

I like Holland, Moehrig and Cisco, among others. Cisco is a big play maker, with size and athleticism. He may fall because of his injury, and some inconsistency, and be available day 3.

That said, I think McCain, Rowe , and Jones did a good job, and are underrated in general. And you can't use premium assets everywhere, every year. I don't want a safety in the top 3 rds.

I love this guy! Under the radar that could be a steal in round 5.

Agree he played as well as anyone this year. Some injury hx. I don't think he looks very fast, although I don't know what he did on his pro day. But worth a later rd flier, if we have to have a safety.

Is there any safety that could be used like Rowe in this draft? More of a TE cover guy instead of a traditionally thumper type SS?

If Parsons' character is a no-go, seems plausible, Horn is the best defensive prospect in the class for me - and basically a perfect fit for Miami.
How many teams above #18 do you think need corners? Is there a chance he drops?

Is there any safety that could be used like Rowe in this draft? More of a TE cover guy instead of a traditionally thumper type SS?
Maybe JOK, who's kind of a man without a position. I think he could be used extensively at safety. Blitzing on occasion, where he could be particularly great.

Is safety a need position for us? Anyone see a jump in development in Jones?

There was a report a couple of months back that the team was considering whether they should upgrade at S. They were generally happy with McCain and Rowe as the starters and I thought Jones looked good, but they seemed to want something more. There were also reports that they really like Ritchie Grant at the Senior Bowl and other reports that they liked Damar Hamlin from Pitt so they are clearly looking. I don't know if they report that Miami would take a DB early referred to CB or S or just either.

There was a report a couple of months back that the team was considering whether they should upgrade at S. They were generally happy with McCain and Rowe as the starters and I thought Jones looked good, but they seemed to want something more. There were also reports that they really like Ritchie Grant at the Senior Bowl and other reports that they liked Damar Hamlin from Pitt so they are clearly looking. I don't know if they report that Miami would take a DB early referred to CB or S or just either.
Grant would take a 3rd round. Not sure we need to invest in safety that high. But Grant being right in our back yard might give him a leg up.

I would not call S a need but I would like to see it added to with another young guy to team with Jones down the road.

Not sure I would draft a S in R 1-2 this year but there should be good value at that position when the Fins are on the clock at #18, #36 and #50.

I agree about Horn. Someone posted about the CB's 10 yard defensive metrics and Horns was off the charts. Love that kid.

As for FS, if he can cover the TE, I think Flores would be mighty interested.

I don't think so. It's currently our second strongest position, or maybe third after DT. However Flo and Boyer just love CB's and safeties, and especially cb's that can play safety or vice versa. So they'll probably still draft one high.

Back
Top Bottom