Safety class | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety class

Grant would take a 3rd round. Not sure we need to invest in safety that high. But Grant being right in our back yard might give him a leg up.
I really like Grant. I think Rowe, McCain and Jones are a pretty good group. Rowe was mostly fantastic against TE's and McCain's a little underrated on finheaven. But, if Miami can find an upgrade I'm all for it.

Holland is probably my favorite from this group, although I think there are some versatile corner/safety combos that could work. Third round seems like a good target point with the other needs Miami has.

If Parsons' character is a no-go, seems plausible, Horn is the best defensive prospect in the class for me - and basically a perfect fit for Miami.
Interesting take. I haven't looked much into corners, but you think Horn is better than Surtain, at least for Miami?

Interesting take. I haven't looked much into corners, but you think Horn is better than Surtain, at least for Miami?

Yes, I think Horn moves better, is more explosive, and plays press better. I have them in the same tier, though. The CB group is underrated in general, though.

Yes, I think Horn moves better, is more explosive, and plays press better. I have them in the same tier, though. The CB group is underrated in general, though.
I really expect Miami to take a corner with one of those top 50 picks. Maybe a corner/safety hybrid.

All of our safeties that play were have played cornerback. A lot. And Byron Jones played safety a lot. We really like the versatility.
No doubt. That's one area where we might see "overkill" to some degree. But you just know Flores wants a top-tier secondary and it's pretty close to that.

I could see the value in adding a young S to team with Jones but I don't know how high a priority it is for the team.

But I can see several spots where S will be a strong value option when they Draft.

#18, #36 and #50 should all present quality S options whether it be Moehrig at #18(too high for a S I think but his value slots him in that area),and then Holland, Johnson and Grant at the later picks, not to mention Molden who could be a S or CB at the NFL level.

This should be an Offensive Draft but I see the D needing a LB, and Edge and a S to complete it. Not that it has to be done this year, they have extra picks in the next two Drafts and may add more if they trade down in this one.

I could see the value in adding a young S to team with Jones but I don't know how high a priority it is for the team.

But I can see several spots where S will be a strong value option when they Draft.

#18, #36 and #50 should all present quality S options whether it be Moehrig at #18(too high for a S I think but his value slots him in that area),and then Holland, Johnson and Grant at the later picks, not to mention Molden who could be a S or CB at the NFL level.

This should be an Offensive Draft but I see the D needing a LB, and Edge and a S to complete it. Not that it has to be done this year, they have extra picks in the next two Drafts and may add more if they trade down in this one.
Good point. Miami likely won't be able to fill every need in this draft, unless some late rounders surprise.

Running back is the one position that could get left out early. There are some mid-to-late round possibilities at running back like Hill, Herbert, Sermon and Stevenson that might work.

Apparently Molden ran at his pro day with an injured hamstring. I believe it mostly because he ran a 4.51 laser and jumped 37 vert coming out of HS. I think he could be a steal at the end of Day2/ beginning of Day 3.

I think the Syracuse CB Melifonwu might be a Dolphin Day 2 target

Back
Top Bottom