Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins

His visit was nearly a month ago...

There has to be an issue. Unless waiting until 6/1 cuts makes him a better signing?

I think signing McCourty sort of closed the door on Hooker. I think it was an eiter or situation not that the team was considering adding both.
I’d think so too..

rowe
Mccourty
Jones
Holland
Feje (st)

already pretty full and I don’t see Hooker coming for special teams - depth, sure, but idk. And I’d take him for depth

I think signing McCourty sort of closed the door on Hooker. I think it was an eiter or situation not that the team was considering adding both.
True, but I gotta admit, McCourty does not excite me at all even as a backup. Malik Hooker was a guy with absolutely phenomenal potential ... and the illusion of getting someone like that to be the gem of our stellar backfield did have me drooling .... a lot.

I take Hooker over McCourt all day. Even after having just signed Mc.

A healthy Hooker over McCourty all day. I too got extremely excited about adding Hooker to the secondary. When healthy, his versatility gives Flores lots of options. His coverage skills on the back end would truly be an upgrade at the safety position.

True, but I gotta admit, McCourty does not excite me at all even as a backup. Malik Hooker was a guy with absolutely phenomenal potential ... and the illusion of getting someone like that to be the gem of our stellar backfield did have me drooling .... a lot.
McCourty wasted up. Won’t be surprised if he doesn’t make the 53 man roster

Last edited:
Per Barry Jackson, McCourty played CB the vast majority of time last season: "Most of McCourty's work came at cornerback last season. He played 46 snaps at free safety and 29 at strong safety and wasn't targeted in coverage during those snaps."

So we might be adding McCourty to the CB room and Hooker to the Safety room (if he signs)?

Jevon Holland, Brandon Jones, Eric Rowe is all we have at Safety right now (I don't consider Fedj starting Safety material), so we definitely need a guy (or two).

i thought that ship had sailed. if we're still interested then so be it. saw just as much bad tape on him as good. but hes also still young

Per Barry Jackson, McCourty played CB the vast majority of time last season: "Most of McCourty's work came at cornerback last season. He played 46 snaps at free safety and 29 at strong safety and wasn't targeted in coverage during those snaps."

So we might be adding McCourty to the CB room and Hooker to the Safety room (if he signs)?

Jevon Holland, Brandon Jones, Eric Rowe is all we have at Safety right now (I don't consider Fedj starting Safety material), so we definitely need a guy (or two).
Mccourty also gave up a 131.4 passer rating on his 513 snaps at CB last year.

Last edited:
This is an interesting visit.

I have maintained that it would be risky to release McCain before we know what we have in Holland. If Holland face-plants, we'd have no back up plan.

Hooker could be that backup plan. Signing him to a low dollar contract and allowing him to come to camp and compete would REALLY put the heat on McCain.
He'd injure himself lifting the pen trying to sign that contract

Back
Top Bottom