Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins

This is an interesting visit.

I have maintained that it would be risky to release McCain before we know what we have in Holland. If Holland face-plants, we'd have no back up plan.

Hooker could be that backup plan. Signing him to a low dollar contract and allowing him to come to camp and compete would REALLY put the heat on McCain.

Mccain is a good role player. He isn't a flashy player but we are better with him than without him at this moment. Last thing we want to see is our pass defense break apart.

I feel if you're bringing in Hooker, it's as an insurance policy to backup Holland allowing you to release McCain as a Post June 1 Cut and save your team 6.4mm in cap. I can't see Hooker ever playing down low, and if you lose your Brandon Jones, you've easily got a guy in Holland who can match up with a TE as well as defend the run at the LOS, while Hooker can assume Holland's role.

Kudos to all the draftniks who introduced us to Holland. What a weapon he is on defense.
If feel Hollands provides way more versatility to our defense than JOK would have

Holland had no bearing on us keeping McCain for this season.

Now this news could very well mean they are looking for a cheaper option at FS.

Still think McCain sticks though. Because of his leadership.

Excuse my ignorance, but is it when a free agent visits when we find out about their medicals, or is this provided before a visit is arranged?

If we cut anybody for this guy, it has to be Fej, no dead money and a clear dropoff in talent behind McCain. I thought McCain finally looked like a safety last year, and can play nickel or dime db. Rowe has been great at SS, so honestly I wouldn't cut either of them.

Buffalo hung 56 on us the final game. Flores talked about it and how they scrutinized the film. He knows where the weak spots are and you can see it in their moves. Our pass defense is front and center. The moves scream volumes of what Flores and company saw. The good news is we aren’t in denial or taking a patient view. We are attacking this head on. Holland. Coleman. Possibly Hooker.

Big year for Igbo too.

Holland had no bearing on us keeping McCain for this season.

Now this news could very well mean they are looking for a cheaper option at FS.

Still think McCain sticks though. Because of his leadership.
Being a leader doesnt outweigh being a liability on the field, especially at 5 mill. How does it look when your “leader” is the weakest in the secondary and probably entire defense?

Buffalo hung 56 on us the final game. Flores talked about it and how they scrutinized the film. He knows where the weak spots are and you can see it in their moves. Our pass defense is front and center. The moves scream volumes of what Flores and company saw. The good news is we aren’t in denial or taking a patient view. We are attacking this head on. Holland. Coleman. Possibly Hooker.

Big year for Igbo too.
There was an article specifically pointing this out in one of the Miami papers leading up to the draft. Miami apparently wasn't happy with its pass defense.

Wow, another player that "if he stays healthy" moniker. This is getting to be this teams headline. Let's see.
Tua, Parker, Williams, Fuller, Phillips, Waddle, maybe Hooker. Did I miss anybody?

This guy is hurt a lot. Be careful what you wish for. McCain is dependable. With Flores our injury situation has improved compared to gase. But if you pick up a guy who got hurt a lot don’t be suprised when he is hurt. I wouldn’t mind signing him but I can’t stress enough how important McCain is to aligning our secondary.

don’t believe me? Watch the chiefs game when he went out.

Cannot see them moving on from Rowe. He's excellent against tight ends (spare me the Waller or Kelce games, they're all pros). And given that Hooker is never healthy for an extended period, that would be a mistake. You add more depth, you don't cut good players on reasonable contracts that are still young.
This this this

Rowe is valuable in that role

Back
Top Bottom