Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins

If we cut anybody for this guy, it has to be Fej, no dead money and a clear dropoff in talent behind McCain. I thought McCain finally looked like a safety last year, and can play nickel or dime db. Rowe has been great at SS, so honestly I wouldn't cut either of them.
Agree we should cut him and not look back

Have to think this guy is damaged goods or else many teams would be banging on his door.

Buffalo hung 56 on us the final game. Flores talked about it and how they scrutinized the film. He knows where the weak spots are and you can see it in their moves. Our pass defense is front and center. The moves scream volumes of what Flores and company saw. The good news is we aren’t in denial or taking a patient view. We are attacking this head on. Holland. Coleman. Possibly Hooker.

Big year for Igbo too.
I have to watch this game again.

You don't let a division rival, a team you play twice a year, hang 56 on you. Especially in a game with playoff implications. That is inexcusable.

Josh Allen shredded our defense…even when they had the cameras on him on the sidelines - the man was cheesing the whole game…like he knew from the beginning that this game was in hand.

**** reminded me of the Dolphins getting drubbed by the Jaguars 62 - 7. Pathetic.

I do hope Flo that watched that game a lot - both the talent and scheme (and heart) just weren't there.

This is a visit that is very intriguing. Kid is a baller, injuries have derailed his promising start, but there's no doubt the kid can play IF healthy. Thought the Colts gotta steal when they drafted him coming out of OSU. Would love to see him get an opportunity here. Could be a low risk/high reward signing. The last low risk/high reward transaction ended with Wilson being cut in less than a week.... Would hope that Hooker could battle for a roster spot.
you just didn't

I don't think either Rowe or McCain would be cut/traded before camp, but if they lose their starting spots, then they'll be gone.

If that happens, we could be looking at 5-12M is immediate salary cap space-- enough to immediate resign Baker or Gesicki (or both). ...and that's why I think we'll consider allowing it to happen, even though we'd be giving up veteran depth and leaving ourselves open to injury.

Being able to take that money, and work it into a long term deal for one of our better players would be making maximum long term use of this year's money.

Hooker is a deep center field safety with a ton of talent. Unfortunately, the injury bug bites him with regularity. So, even if we sign him, I’m not sure he has enough left to even make the team.

Back
Top Bottom