Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety Malik Hooker visiting Dolphins

I have to watch this game again.

You don't let a division rival, a team you play twice a year, hang 56 on you. Especially in a game with playoff implications. That is inexcusable.

Josh Allen shredded our defense…even when they had the cameras on him on the sidelines - the man was cheesing the whole game…like he knew from the beginning that this game was in hand.

**** reminded me of the Dolphins getting drubbed by the Jaguars 62 - 7. Pathetic.

I do hope Flo that watched that game a lot - both the talent and scheme (and heart) just weren't there.
yeah, we were running on fumes in that game

Wait, Did we sign him?
My guess is if there's mutal interest we need to wait for a physical since he's coming off a serious achillies injury. I doubt he's at 100% but the question teams might be looking into is at what point in the 2021 season might he be cleared to play? If his recover status has him on a pace to miss half the season there might still be some interest, but at reduced price level.

My guess is if there's mutal interest we need to wait for a physical since he's coming off a serious achillies injury. I doubt he's at 100% but the question teams might be looking into is at what point in the 2021 season might he be cleared to play? If his recover status has him on a pace to miss half the season there might still be some interest, but at reduced price level.

Considering we don't have a pressing need at the position at the moment it seems like a good fit. We'd give him the opportunity to heal up and even when he plays it's no rel pressure.

Considering we don't have a pressing need at the position at the moment it seems like a good fit. We'd give him the opportunity to heal up and even when he plays it's no rel pressure.
If the price is right I would be interested. If he views himself as a former 1st round pick who's still young and want to be paid alot I would pass. If he's ok with a 1 or 2 year smaller "let's see what you look like and then talk real money later" deal then we might be able work something out.

Just looked it up, him being cut saves us 5.7 so I was actually being kind by 700k. Your only argument is that kc game,
That doesnt for a second change my mind. I can think of plenty of games where he was the liability. Ive been calling this guy out since rookie year if you want to bother looking at my history. He sucked as nickle, he sucked as centerfielder. Just because he was the only who could play center, does not mean he’s good at it? I’ll give you the communicator part, he was good at that on a team where noone else was apparently. That helped him keep a spot, someone else needs to step up in that role. Yeah im following the narrative when I feel like i’m in the minority with him. Weak arguments respectfully
You said his cap hit was $5M.

Now that you have been corrected your saying, oh wait I meant to say it saves us $5.7M if we cut him. Nice pivot.

The cap ramifications could also change if he was traded, so maybe not such a nice pivot.

Additionally, your saying you hated him the entire time. Sounds like you made up your mind long ago. The best production we have gotten out of him has been since Flo arrived and moved him to FS.

So your just letting your initial POV rule the day instead of being objective.

90% of the posters in here have been ready to cut Bobby for years. You are far from the minority.

And in one post he went from being the absolute worst player on the defense to, oh your right he is the only guy who can actually play FS and quarterback the secondary.

He "sucked" at this and "sucked" at that.

I'm glad you agree that your arguments are super weak, respectfully.

Buffalo hung 56 on us the final game. Flores talked about it and how they scrutinized the film. He knows where the weak spots are and you can see it in their moves. Our pass defense is front and center. The moves scream volumes of what Flores and company saw. The good news is we aren’t in denial or taking a patient view. We are attacking this head on. Holland. Coleman. Possibly Hooker.

Big year for Igbo too.

FACTS brother!!!!

I'm going to disagree with that.

I think Holland's place is deep, and Jones will be the guy to take a run at Rowe.
I think eventually it will be deep but from everything I've watched (YouTube of course) most "so called" experts are predicting him to slot type coverage as a rover, more of a DB roll at first and then working him into that FS center field role.

But then again they are "so called" so we will see, I will say Hooker should be an upgrade over Rowe while Flores figures out where Holland is going to fit in.

Back
Top Bottom