Safety Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety Play

Regulus

Super Donator
Reaction score
What happened to our safeties yesterday to have no help over the top? I saw Jones do his usual nonsense a couple times but what was Bobby McCain doing? He looked totally lost out there.

Sadly the one part of the defense that was supposed to be above avg was horrendous. That is the most concerning part of the game yesterday...most people at least expected the defense to be ok and the secondary to play decent. I won't judge after one game but Flores and the coordinators certainly did not have the right game plan or any adjustments for this game.

Jones has a nice tackle at the LOS to keep a ball carrier out of the EZ. He wasn’t torched all day like Bobby and Wiltz and Minkah were.

Minkah has to be better than what we've seen in preseason and week 1. The site had me convinced we drafted one hell of a player (I don't watch college ball) but so far you could have fooled me.

Fitzpatrick we should trade now. Hopefully we can get a 4th for him. He just to slow. His speed with pads on is really bad.

Jackson had all freaking day to pass back there. Hard to play DB like that. Yes they played bad but the D-line did not help

Sadly the one part of the defense that was supposed to be above avg was horrendous. That is the most concerning part of the game yesterday...most people at least expected the defense to be ok and the secondary to play decent. I won't judge after one game but Flores and the coordinators certainly did not have the right game plan or any adjustments for this game.

I agree, the secondary was bad, but, to be fair, Henne would have torched that D with 4-5 seconds to pick out a receiver.

At this point, wouldn't it be prudent to put Minkah in position that he does the best and just leave him alone? He's not playing instinctively at all and I'm sure it has to do with coaches being too smart for their own good. Secondary was not good at all.

A lot of it had to do with zero pass rush, as Danny points out. Go watch the bomb where Hollywood smoked MInkah - 3 man rush and it didn't even look like they tried. I'm not saying MInkah played well, as clearly he didn't, but last year he graded out as one of, if not THE TOP slot corners in the entire NFL. He didn't just go get terrible at sports this past off-season.

Dudes running wild and free + no pressure + missed assignments + lack of effort = disaster!

BTW pure class move by Hairball to run the fake punt given the situation...

Have to hope we're in a position down the line to pay him back....

Pretty classless.

Obviously runs in the family.

Is what the guy we weren't supposed to worry about in preseason Minkah Fitzpatrick gave up yesterday. Wow what a chess piece. Then again maybe he's a chess piece in the way that he'll get torched and lead the way to the 1st overall pick?

screen-shot-2014-02-02-at-4-16-07-pm.png

Back
Top Bottom