Safety | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I need some clarification at Safety. We have Brandon Jones, McCain, and Rowe. Is it safe to say that Rowe and McCain are playing out of position? Who is strong and who is free? And do you see any other moves to upgrade? I don't see this as a strength, esp on run support. But to be honest, it is the unit I know the least about

Maybe the coaching staff envisions a lot more single safety looks, with more defensive backs on the field. Hence the pick of Igbo in the first.

Our scheme uses safeties as utility players. If you want to get technical, McCain/Jones are FS and Rowe is a SS. It doesn’t mean much on the field because they will be expected to do a bit of everything depending on the scenario.

Our scheme uses safeties as utility players. If you want to get technical, McCain/Jones are FS and Rowe is a SS. It doesn’t mean much on the field because they will be expected to do a bit of everything depending on the scenario.
Pretty much this.

McCain is a nickel cb being played at FS. We need him out of there. I expect they envision Brandon Jones to eventually take his place. Playing him all over the place

Rowe is a former cb yeah, and probably “SS” for us. But best utilized as a te matchup piece imo.

I hope next year we add some more real safeties

Steven Parker and Adrian Colbert both started games for us last year (and are probably both better at Safety than Bobby McCain).

There's also Kavon Frazier and Clayton Fejedelem.

I mean... and hear me out...bring back Reshad Jones? There could be a role for him.
Walking on eggshells with this. But as we need a veteran DE and OT /G, not a bad idea. This team has transformed so much, can you imagine if wr held on to Minkah?

Walking on eggshells with this. But as we need a veteran DE and OT /G, not a bad idea. This team has transformed so much, can you imagine if wr held on to Minkah?

You mean... the locker room would be wrecked by a whiny malcontent princess who gets his mommy to complain to the press?

Yeah... good thing we avoided that!

Think they saw at least some potential in Colbert / Parker towards the end of last year, so the cupboard isn’t bare ....

We do NOT need Reshad Jones back anymore ...
yeah if one or two guys from last year is a diamond, it helps the growth process faster..no need to draft or sign a fa

You mean... the locker room would be wrecked by a whiny malcontent princess who gets his mommy to complain to the press?

Yeah... good thing we avoided that!
If the locker room can be wrecked by a princess it's not a very good locker room to begin with.

If we held onto Minkah we would not have Jackson. Don't we need to build the trenches?

Rowe seems to fit much more naturally at safety than corner. I think the turning point for him with this staff was when they unlocked his ability to cover tight ends. He was getting beaten up on the boundary.

I really hope Brandon Jones comes in and makes an immediate impact so that we can get McCain back to corner. Otherwise, we are going to give up a lot of big plays downfield regardless of who our corners are. McCain is an awful safety, below average boundary corner, but is solid covering the slot.

If Jones and Noah are ready to roll from day one then I'm not so sure McCain makes this roster. Needham is a fine 4th corner who can cover inside and out and I think there's something to like about Steven Parker at least as a backup.

How many DBs do we keep? Lots of special teams value at backup safety and I'd say 4 corners are already locks. Tank is the big wild card here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom