Safety | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety

have you heard of free agency? Or better yet, moving up and down the draft? foreign concepts? great we got like the 4th or 5th best tackle lol
Ok so tell me who we got that adds to us still getting Jackson if we didn't have Pitt's pick.

Ok so tell me who we got that adds to us still getting Jackson if we didn't have Pitt's pick.
free agency is over and the draft is over. It is May 21...Not April 23rd. Please change your desk calendar and have a ripened avocado

free agency is over and the draft is over. It is May 21...Not April 23rd. Please change your desk calendar and have a ripened avocado
You said Imagine if we kept Minkah. I said then we wouldn't have gotten Jackson then. Don't pick a fight if you can't hang through it.

You said Imagine if we kept Minkah. I said then we wouldn't have gotten Jackson then. Don't pick a fight if you can't hang through it.
I think I need to write more because you are special. If we didn't have pick 18, we would have gone into free agency more for a linemen.....or we could have traded up for down with the picks we had. Nonetheless, there is a void left at safety

I think I need to write more because you are special. If we didn't have pick 18, we would have gone into free agency more for a linemen.....or we could have traded up for down with the picks we had. Nonetheless, there is a void left at safety
Right. And what o lineman in FA still at that point would cause them to pass on Jackson? They seem to be more reliant on CBs so they took Igby. Flores clearly seems ok with our secondary otherwise he would have gone S.

Right. And what o lineman in FA still at that point would cause them to pass on Jackson? They seem to be more reliant on CBs so they took Igby. Flores clearly seems ok with our secondary otherwise he would have gone S.
Oh I don't know. That's a dumb question. Free Agency is over. Please change your desk calendar

Rowe played well and I'm sure if healthy will earn one spot. I thought Parker played well when given the chance and should have the opportunity to compete for a starting gig. Jones is the wildcard.

I have no clue what McCain's role is on this team. Its hard to see him getting much time at corner or safety unless they're throwing 7 dbs out there. I wouldn't be surprised to see Grier try and get a later rounder from someone while picking up the rest of his guaranteed money. Hes not a bad slot corner and there are plenty of teams could find playing time for him.

Minkah didn't want to be here. I didn't want to trade him and the team didn't either, but I definitely don't want players that aren't on board.

The Steelers were 0-3 and had just lost Big Ben. I think the Vegas odds were over 40% that it would be a top 5 pick, and over 70% that it would be top 10. I honestly don't fully remember the numbers (so don't hold me to them, but those numbers were definitely very high). The point is it was an extremely valuable pick at the time.

Their defense carried them into giving us basically the worst case scenario. They easily could have handed us any of the top 4. Even Andrew Thomas.

Now we can look back in hindsight and say we lost the trade, but when you gamble that's always a possibility. Minkah did not have the trade value he does today, so I think we made a very reasonable deal.

I have the personality type that tends to dwell on past mistakes, but I don't even consider this one when you factor in every aspect of it.

Good luck to Minkah. But I think it's possible he regrets his decision when he has to face off against Tua and our boys in the future. Pitt is obviously better now, but we have the 2nd youngest roster and they have the 7th oldest.

I'm gonna focus on the guys that are actually buying into our system, because that's way more valuable than any individual player.

Last edited:
Rowe seems to fit much more naturally at safety than corner. I think the turning point for him with this staff was when they unlocked his ability to cover tight ends. He was getting beaten up on the boundary.

I really hope Brandon Jones comes in and makes an immediate impact so that we can get McCain back to corner. Otherwise, we are going to give up a lot of big plays downfield regardless of who our corners are. McCain is an awful safety, below average boundary corner, but is solid covering the slot.

If Jones and Noah are ready to roll from day one then I'm not so sure McCain makes this roster. Needham is a fine 4th corner who can cover inside and out and I think there's something to like about Steven Parker at least as a backup.

How many DBs do we keep? Lots of special teams value at backup safety and I'd say 4 corners are already locks. Tank is the big wild card here.
If I were Tank, Iwouldn't sign a new lease.

I put his chances somewhere between slim and none. Considering how depleted in the secondary we were, and didn't activate him indicates, to me, that his days are numbered.

If I were Tank, Iwouldn't sign a new lease.

I put his chances somewhere between slim and none. Considering how depleted in the secondary we were, and didn't activate him indicates, to me, that his days are numbered.
He could not get his knee healthy enough after his surgery.. I agree he is looking up hill but this defense suits him a lot better than a heavy zone defense. He is definitely a wild card and this coaching staff does not care how you came here if you can play you play

Back
Top Bottom