Safety | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety

If we held onto Minkah we would not have Jackson. Don't we need to build the trenches?
I'll take the big LT from USC. Minkah was a total ingrate. We put faith in him and picked him in the first round and he couldn't return that faith and just believe in the process. He got his mother involved and became a huge distraction forcing a trade. He signed a contract. I guess that didn't mean much to this me first jerk. He also took our money gladly! Not a fan.

Oh I don't know. That's a dumb question. Free Agency is over. Please change your desk calendar

Is Free Agency ever really over? Teams can bring in free agent veteran players throughout the year.

Consider when a key player gets hurt after the season starts and is out for the year. Often a team will then bring in a vet who is a free agent to help plug that hole. The only thing that changes on a yearly basis is who becomes available for Free Agency.

It's almost a guarantee a few players will surprise. The question is which ones. Also important to remember is "surprise" doesn't mean All-Pro. A low round pick becoming an average starter is a "surprise."

Another surprise is when a 1st round pick doesn't prove their worth.

I'll take the big LT from USC. Minkah was a total ingrate. We put faith in him and picked him in the first round and he couldn't return that faith and just believe in the process. He got his mother involved and became a huge distraction forcing a trade. He signed a contract. I guess that didn't mean much to this me first jerk. He also took our money gladly! Not a fan.

Bingo!

How any Dolphin fan can still speak well of this jerk just amazes me.

Actually, a R1 pick not proving their worth is common

I agree, but many posters seem to "sell their soul" based on where a player is picked.

To those posters, a failure for a 1st round selection to become a great player is unacceptable. To me this seems to be an untenable position, but it is clearly the position of many posters, so when one of their favorites is picked in the first round and they fail to succeed:

1) Its somebody else's fault.
2) It was a dirty play by the other team that disabled them for a year.
3) It is never the fact that the poster backed the wrong horse.

Conversely, if a 1st round pick wasn't someone they wanted they respond with:

1) He's OK, but we would have been better off with so & so.
2) He's a bum and we would have been better off with so & so.
3) It is never due to a poster's failure to recognize that 1st round picks don't always succeed.

Back
Top Bottom