Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Jamaal Brimmer, UNLV

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Junior Rosegreen, Auburn

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Oshiomogho Atogwe, Stanford

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
I think I would wet myself if we could end up with Donte Nicholson at SS and Josh Bullocks at FS... it prolly cant happen

I also wouldnt mind taking Jamal Brimmer either, hes a playmaker

I like all of these guys and i believe they all have a shot to be a solid starter eventually(sooner rather than later)

Donte runs a 4.48 40 and has a insane 39 inch vertical plus he is 6-1 so he can definatley reach for balls, has good hands, not really a ballhawk, he wont smell the ball but if its going straight at him he will not drop it I think he could make a killer Hard Hitting tandem with Jones, of course Donte playing FS.

Donte's stock will rise probably in front of our pick even if we get a 2nd

BocaHighQB said:
Why were Jamaal Brimmer and Vincent Fuller the unpopular ones?

because not too many know much about them. fuller has been rated as the 2nd or 3rd best FS in the draft.....
brimmer on the other hand is equally as unknown, but not as talented...high 4th would be too high for him, but a low 4th is probably where he should go....
id be ecstatic with a butler, atogwe or fuller in the 4th, or even the 3rd, (just seems a bit too high, we could trade down in the 3rd and still get any of those three i think...)

Hopefully Shazor, but doubfull. We would have to get the 2nd for Pat and it would have to be in the top half. I say hes the the 2nd best saftey behind Pool.

i would live to take shazor but i think rosegreen would be a great latepick

Thomas Davis the best Safety hands down if he falls to 2nd and we have a pick we should draft6 him without a thought no matter what safeties are left but unfortunately he won't fall.

Davis and Shazor are not even projected to be Safeties anymore everyone its expecting them to be picked as OLBs and Atoghwe its slow and not even nearly as big as those two he doesnt fit well on either role.

I don't know much about Atogwe I included him in this poll because I heard he was a potentially middle round draft pick does anyone know anything about him and if possible list some strengths and weeknesses?

davis is projected as both a safety and OLB. i think i mightve seen once, about a month ago, that shazor might be pojected at LB, but thats not right. hell play SS, but he turned up so slow that he went from 2nd rounder to 2nd day....
hell likely get some looks in the 3rd and might be a 3rd round pick, but expect to hear his name called day 2.....
atogwe is a real physical S that can hit hard but is always around the ball. he was a real captain of the defense in stanford. IF we havent taken a safety by round 4 (which i doubt) and hes available, id snatch him up in a second...
a bunch of people have junior rosegreen being taken in their ideal mocks anywhere from the 4th to the 7th. i dont know anything about this guy. all i know, is that i havent seen him in any list of the top 8 or 9 safeties avaiable. my question is why do so many people on this board like him so much? its not that i dont like him, its that ive never heard of the kid before, why is he so pecial in some of your eyes?

some less likely but possible S candidates include atari bigby, andre maddox (could be a late round gem but an SS), and james sanders (dont know too much about). one big name you forgot is Brandon Browner. he is a physical anomaly, big, huge body, pretty fast. He was projected as a 1st round corner until the combine, where he showed slower, more humanlike numbers. many scouts are projecting him at safety as well as cornerback, hes a sure second rounder, and my bet is that hell go in between pool and bullocks somewhere in the second. i dont know if hes the right guy but he can play both S and CB and hes a physical freak of nature...

Back
Top Bottom