Sage is better | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage is better

I would play Sage for a half at some point this year. I know most of you think that may be risky considering there is so much on the line at this point in the season. In fact we may get to see Sage this weekend since A.J. is so banged up. Worst thing that could happen, he throws an interception for a touchdown.

DrewOldSchool said:
I would play Sage for a half at some point this year. I know most of you think that may be risky considering there is so much on the line at this point in the season. In fact we may get to see Sage this weekend since A.J. is so banged up. Worst thing that could happen, he throws an interception for a touchdown.
LoL......... Yes because we have so much to lose by playing him!!!! But seriously, am I the only one that fears Sage will resign elsewhere next year, and start doing very well while whoever we have here next year struggles??? Seems to happen a lot with Ex Dolphins players

Fisticuff said:
It's funny, Miami traded for Sage saying he has a huge upside to him. So in 2004, they sign some jackass name AJ Feely, who only completed like 55% of his passes, and had a wonderful 73 QB rating 2 years ago...

Sage has much more promise then Feely, but nah... We'll sign some loser.

Doesn't it upset anyone, that the asking price for Henson was a conditional 2005 3rd, and Feely is a conditional 2005 2nd? Maybe someone should slam my head into a car door, so I can understand why anyone is happy about this idiotic move.

Anyone who believes this is a good move is clueless. You're probably the same people who thought keeping DW was good, and Marino wasn't a figurehead.

WORST MOVE EVER.

Well said. And isn't it ironic that the same people who are in love with Feeley are bashing Dallas for taking Drew Henson, saying Henson looks like a bust, yet Feeley has had A LOT more snaps in the NFL. :shakeno:

I understand your frustration with Feeley
Re Henson: the grass always looks greener on the other side

Fisticuff said:
Well, not giving up a 2nd round pick is good enough for me. That alone makes him better.
^ Do you really believe this reasoning? I would hope you that you would use logic when forming opinions.

fellows said:
My god we could get the same play from sage and a better arm if we resign sage and i would have rather spent our 2005 on Henson who has the freaking tools to be a good QB unlike AJ who has a worst arm then Jay fielder yeah he does worst arm then Jay fielder i bet AJ couldnt throw a ball more then 30 yard what a joke this team and our settling for crappy qb's is a joke. Imma call 560 as soon as they start the dolphins talk. what 506 QAM number again??!?
Have you actually seen Feeley throw?
Your comment on his arm would be understandable if you were blind.

How can anyone be sure that Sage or Henson are better than Feeley? If you guys dont think that Sage or Henson would be struggling just as much you are foolish. Our team sucks, accept it and let Feeley play so we know what we have. If Sage were to get into a couple quarters here and there I wouldnt be mad, but Feeley needs to play. I also doubt highly that Sage or Henson have a better arm than Feeley, but I could be wrong.

DonShula84 said:
How can anyone be sure that Sage or Henson are better than Feeley? If you guys dont think that Sage or Henson would be struggling just as much you are foolish. Our team sucks, accept it and let Feeley play so we know what we have. If Sage were to get into a couple quarters here and there I wouldnt be mad, but Feeley needs to play. I also doubt highly that Sage or Henson have a better arm than Feeley, but I could be wrong.
Well that is why we should let Sage play a game. I think he will get a chance since Feeley has been beaten up so badly lately. If he stinks we'll lose and know more about our players. Besides Feeley did cost us a second round pick. I'm not so sure I would play him with a bad injury and nothing at stake this weekend.

fellows said:
My god we could get the same play from sage and a better arm if we resign sage and i would have rather spent our 2005 on Henson who has the freaking tools to be a good QB unlike AJ who has a worst arm then Jay fielder yeah he does worst arm then Jay fielder i bet AJ couldnt throw a ball more then 30 yard what a joke this team and our settling for crappy qb's is a joke. Imma call 560 as soon as they start the dolphins talk. what 506 QAM number again??!?

Worse arm than Jay, no you are talking stupid - ignore! :shakeno:

DonShula84 said:

If you're referring to my mention of Drew Henson, I didn't say that I thought he was better than Feeley. I just mentioned that it was ironic how people that defend Feeley to the death and say he just needs more time are so quick to jump on QBs like Henson and Eli Manning who have had even fewer NFL snaps.

GridIronKing34 said:
Seems like people want Feeley to fail... Just to say.. "I told ya so" :shakeno:

Nope. Not the case at all. Although I was a bit alarmed initially when we traded our 2nd round pick for Philly's 3rd string QB, I wanted Feeley to succeed because Jay Fiedler was not getting the job done. After watching him consistently make bad decisions and not learn from them, it has become very clear that Feeley doesn't have the game smarts to be a winning quarterback in the NFL. Unfortunately, he isn't going to become the QB he was billed to be.

Sage Feely and Henson are all in the same boat. To young and inexperianced to tell which is going to make it. Problem is only one football. Aj has the arm strengh and accuracy but the question is can he shake the ryan leaf thing that has dogged him this year. If he cann't most everyone I hear is in agreement to bring some young talent and quit trying to find the quick fix to the qb problems. The problem is we are a ****ty football team with or without aj. I say lets start with a bunch of young players no recylces or washouts at the skill postions and because we are so bad at the oline sign some quality lineman and pay them what they are worth. We maynot be any good next year but I guarantee it will be alot more interesting and fun to grow a young team and see how far they will go in 2-3 years than using the quick fix mentality and bringing in middle career skill players.

DonShula84 said:
I also doubt highly that Sage or Henson have a better arm than Feeley, but I could be wrong.
I'm not even convinced that Feeley's Arm is all it's cracked up to be. He throws the ball hard with his short and midrange throws even when he shouldn't or doesn't need to, (anyone else see him trying throw with all his might to RB's in the flat less than 5 yards away last week???)but am I the only one that notices that his deep balls look like A lame wet duck trying to fly? He floats A LOT of deep balls..........But I will say that they're still better than Fiedler's!!! And Feeley is an accurate passer, AT TIMES, he's off the mark a lot too though, a lot of high, and low balls thrown maybe just because he's trying to zip it in EVERY play, there is a such thing called Touch ya know?

Back
Top Bottom