Sage Rosenfels is a Dolphin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage Rosenfels is a Dolphin

The fact is that the two Qbs in camp looked awful and they needed someone. For a 7th, Sage Rosenfels is worth a look.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Sage wont be are future Qb, but it was a good pick up.

Rosenfels could be our future at QB. I'm not saying he will be, but its a possibility.

Here is some info I found on him:

Big, physical dropback passer completed a strong final two seasons that included leading the Cyclones to their first bowl appearance and win in 22 years. Rosenfels is a classic pocket passer who throws the ball with a quick wrist delivery. He has a powerful arm that allows him to throw the deep ball with ease. He improved immensely over his two seasons starting in the Big 12.
http://www.sportsline.com/u/football/nfl/2001/draft/profiles/sagerosenfels.htm

Positives... Confident field general with a strong personality...Tough and durable, absorbing punishing shots without ever being knocked out of a game...Has fine delivery and passing mechanics, hitting receivers in stride on timing patterns...Though under constant pressure, he keeps his cool...Very quick driving away from the center while setting up, showing the body control needed to throw on the move...Carries the ball chest-high and is always ready to throw

Negatives... Tends to lock onto his primary receivers too much...Looks to run when the pocket collapses, rather that throwing the ball out of bounds to prevent a turnover...Little inconsistent with his accuracy, especially when throwing the long ball...Has to improve his field judgement, as he gets into a rhythm where he will force the ball into traffic.

REMIND ME OF... New Orleans' Aaron Brooks.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2001/profile/sage_rosenfels.html

who cares, we have other things to concern ourselves with instead of the 3rd string QB. Let's talk more about this subject next season.

Look at Ahman Green, Seattle got him for a scrub and he turned out to be awsome, so lets see, though its a long shot

Don't forget we get a 7th pick from the niners and a 7th from the Browns and also from the Bucs
So we had 4 7th rounders got Sage and now 3
But I think we could have got a better QB

We may or may not get picks from the niners or brown..both players are questionable..JJ will have surgury and is on IR and McCade need surgury..so their future is in question, so our picks are in question. so we may only have 1 7th rounder.

Man this is one of those cases...

I know I speak my mind pretty freely around here but I had decided not to mention Sage Rosenfels for some reason or other...I was probably pretty satisfied with Tim Levcik but when Tim sucked this year and it looked like the coaches were gonna look for a guy that could contribut this year I kept comin back to Rosenfels who has really looked good but Spurrier doesn't like him.

I kept thinkin about makin a thread askin if ya'll thought it was possible the phins would pursue him but I kept thinkin that nahhh not with Levcik lookin good. Then after Levcik blew chunks in the New Orleans game i just temporarily forgot about Rosenfels.

This is just the "project du jour". He might have some raw talent, but likely will be shipped off ala McNown, Druckenmiller etc.... (not that they were worth anything) The point is is that our coaching staff is just not that good at developing these "project du jours" nor do they have the patience and unless the kid can do it on his own, he'll likely just be a backup...

I can't understand why you didn't just pickup David Priestley after the Bills cast him off. :evil:

Originally posted by Expo88
What round was Rosenfels drafted in? I can't seem to remember right now.

4th round, Iowa. I saw him in one of those allstar college games or the senior bowl or somethin, he was throwing ducks bigtime. However...... he does have the size and smarts and now that he is a couple of years in NFL, he may have learned some valuable stuff. Norv and Shula can get a hold of this guy and get him to step into his passes better, he could end up being something. but i wouldnt bet on it. spurrier may have gotten to him a little as far as learning. so i dont see anything wrong with this deal at all at this point and time. i think we will be looking for a QB in the draft next year anyways. better find the next drew brees!

Back
Top Bottom