Sage Rosenfels is a Dolphin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage Rosenfels is a Dolphin

Rob hoffman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that the Redskins have traded Rosenfels to the Dolphins for undisclosed compensation

We stole him for Cornell Green in reality. We gave up a 7th rd pick for him.

Wow that is really good news. as Sage has ability.

Another smart move

It looks like Kustov and Lecik were camp fodder after all. I think this another smart move by Wanny. I am becoming more and more a believer.I think were on the right track.

Sporting News report on Sage coming out before draft.

Strengths:Has excellent mobility and speed for size, and great overall athletic ability. Can create while on the run. Throws soft, catchable ball and shows good touch on deep ball.

Weaknesses: Will have to develop into a pure pocket passer as he came from a run oriented team. Needs to learn to read coverages better. Tends to force too many balls into coverage. Shows average arm strength and needs better consistency. Mechanics are awkward and release slow.

Overall: A bit of a risk as a prospect as he needs time and work to develop. No more than a 3rd QB for a few years. But in terms of arm strength, size and athletic ability, a good prospect.

A bit contradictory with the arm strength thing there,but overall sounds like a nice guy to get for a 7th and stach Levcik on P-squad and let him play NFLE next year to see if either guy can develop.

I like this trade for Sage Rosenfel. ESPN is reporting that it is not known what we gave up. Even though it is preseason he has looked pretty good. Hopefully our QB of the future after some grooming in our system. Kudos to Rick Spielman and Wanny.

We gave up a 7th per reports I've seen on the net and also on ESP so I don't where they are reporting not known what we gave up yet.

Chambers84...did you get excited when we got McNown? I was upset we gave up something for a scrub guy who has no respect for anyone.

Rosenfels has done everything asked of him and will do the same here. Only better than the guys we had before him.

I was a little, I mean a former first round draft pick........he didn't have an attitude here. I could care less what he did in Chicago. Don't get me wrong, but we trade for Sage Rosenfels and people are already pegging him as our QB of the future....what the hell, I mean at least let him prove himself before we start make statements like that.

His preseason numbers look good

Rosenfels, 24, has completed 32 of 54 passes this preseason, for 476 yards. He has five touchdown passes, two interceptions and a 103.6 passer rating. The former Iowa State standout did not play in a single game as a rookie.

Originally posted by Sherif
His preseason numbers look good

Rosenfels, 24, has completed 32 of 54 passes this preseason, for 476 yards. He has five touchdown passes, two interceptions and a 103.6 passer rating. The former Iowa State standout did not play in a single game as a rookie.

yeah like you said his "PRESEASON" numbers look good. It helps when you throw the ball that many times doesn't it.

Back
Top Bottom