Sage Rosenfels? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage Rosenfels?

zach13

Mad Dog
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on what the team's thinking is on Sage?

As a fan I was frustrated that we did not get to see him in any game time last year.

Here is my thinking:

1. If the guy does not have the potential to be a starting QB then the team would be better served to get a veteran QB as a backup.

2. If Sage does have the potential then he needs to be given increased playing time.

I have been saying give him a shot. IMO the staff wanted to see what BG had because he was a former starter. Alot of teams never use there young guys until they're forced. i.e. Bulger, Brady...

they should have started him against the bills or jets this season once we were already out

Originally posted by Crzynick25
they should have started him against the bills or jets this season once we were already out

Could have only been the Jets game. The Dolphins weren't eliminated until the Sunday night game after the Bills game. But I agree, it would have been nice to have him play the Jets.

Agreed he should have played against the Jets. We would have at least some idea of his talent then. However without that who knows how good or bad he is. I can only judge based on the fact he was behind two other guys who also shouldn't start.

If he can't beat out Fiedler for the job, or even BG for 2nd string, I can't think he is bringing much to the table.
I saw him play in a preseason game (and yes, granted it was preseason) but he looked HORRIBLE. I saw nothing that suggested he could ever be more than a 3rd stringer.
Yes there are always the rare Brady/Bulger stories, but for everyone of them, there are 1000 3rd stringers who SHOULD be 3rd stringers....who quietly have a bench-riding career because they aren't any better than that.
In my opinon, that's the level Sage is at.

p.s. (from my post above),
But you guys are right...Wanny didscrew up. Should have played him against the Jets. Selfishly, he was too concerned about his own @ss.

Obviously he figured with a 10-6 record it would be harder to fire a coach. So he scarificed us all gettinga look at Sage for his own job security.
Unfortunately, I guess it worked. Sad. It's the first thing he got right in four years!

He did get playing time late against Tennessee, I guess everyone was so disgusted by that point everyone turned it off and didn't see him play. He led the drive that kept us from getting shutout. Not that this proves anything, but he did see some action.

He looked sharp on that drive as well. As Tenn wanted the shutout. He drove right down the field. His throws were crisp and on target. For a 3rd stringer that doesn't have talent like some here think, he sure won my vote for a chance to show more. Just because he's a 3rd stringer doesn't mean he's talentless. He's young and being groomed IMO, and Dave isn't going to stake his future on a young guy when he's given it to Jay. Not sure why Sage wasn't given the chance to compete for a #2 spot. When bringing in high priced backups, it's hard to get promoted.

Originally posted by A.J. Fin
p.s. (from my post above),
But you guys are right...Wanny didscrew up. Should have played him against the Jets. Selfishly, he was too concerned about his own @ss.

Obviously he figured with a 10-6 record it would be harder to fire a coach. So he scarificed us all gettinga look at Sage for his own job security.
Unfortunately, I guess it worked. Sad. It's the first thing he got right in four years!

Sage is a RFA. If Wanny had played Sage against the Jets and Sage did well, other teams would gain interest in Sage. It was a very smart thing to not play Sage against the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom