SAGE SUX...ill tell u why | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAGE SUX...ill tell u why

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
He never started for Washington and i mean every QB thats on that roster starts!! So if he doesnt even start u know he sux!

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
He never started for Washington and i mean every QB thats on that roster starts!! So if he doesnt even start u know he sux!
You could argue that they drafted a QB in 2002 when they drafted him in 2001; but Spurrier is a certifiable Gator nut and Sage went to Iowa St - so the point is not that he did not start, but they talked about him as a starter, when Lucas is obviously not playing well enough to start.

I've seen sage in practice, the guy looks awesome. I think he might be our man of the future. he's good

I can't say I want Sage starting, but this post was completey devoid of any intelligent thought. Spurrier is no genius when it comes to QB. His relations with his QB probably cost him at least won national crown, and his choice of QBs in Wash will cost him a playoff shot.

Originally posted by Migs182005
I've seen sage in practice, the guy looks awesome. I think he might be our man of the future. he's good

The same was said about Tim Levcik. I am not sure if you said it, but many who went to training camp said the same thing, and he isn't even in the NFL now. You have to be rebuilding to put a QB like Sage in as your starter. Like and other 4th round QB he will have many growing pains. He might turn out to be great, but it would take a year or two of assimilating to the game. The Dolphins just don't have the time to invest in a ? at QB right now. If we cut half the team like the Ravens did then I would be all for giving him a shot. Right now I would feel more comfortable with Ray in, yes even Ray. The odds would be that Sage would look like Fassani or even worse than Ray if he started his first game this week.

Wow, who could argue with that logic!

UMMMMMM...there's a complete breakdown in the logic here considering the fact that Rosenfels never actually played for Spurrier!! Rosenfels was only there in preseason, Spurrier had his two boys Waffle and Matty starting and didn't give Sage a chance. I'm not saying this guy is the second coming of Marino here but I am saying that he deserves a shot.

Plain and simple if Sage was that good don't you think Wanny would be starting him over Lucas.

Thanks for pointing out the "Elephant in the room" Expo. I believe Schottenheimer was in Wash. last year. I wonder if Spurrier is going to learn from his mistakes or if he will only coach for 2 years in the league.

Spurrier is learning from his mistakes. If he had to do it over again, I think he would realize Danny Woeful is trash and would have kept Sage, but he made a stupid decision trading Sage and Redskins fans will be the first ones to tell you that .. hell a lot of us said it when it happened, including myself. Sage was Marty's draft choice, Ramsey wasn't going anywhere as a first round draft choice, and Woeful and Shame are his precious little gators. Sage got gipped, your argument doesn't work.

Sage should be our starting QUATERBACK period. Ray Lucas should be the gunner on our punt team.

I've seem Sage plat quite a bit when he was with ISU. Great arm and a decent scrambler. Under the right situations he would be fine. He thinks the game through and knows what is role is in the offense. Sure he will have growing pains, but I know he is better than Lucas.

Alot of "experts" question Spurrier choice at qb and felt that Sage was his best QB .Ray Lucas is playing because of "experience" not because he is "better than Rosenfels"...

You don't know if the Herb is any good and you know Lucas isn't playing well. I don't really see what the decision is here. The Herb has been working to prepare that is clear. He might be able to come in and win some games. If he sucks you'll know fast and Lucas can come back in. You aren't even done with pre-season yet and you are already making decisions about your QB. Turn the table between Lucas and The Herb.

Either way one guy is backing up the other. Sucks to be you.

Back
Top Bottom