Sage vs. Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage vs. Rivers

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Is Rivers hands down better than Sage.

If so, then I say goodbye Sage. If there is a QB out there better than a guy who has been in the league for two years already then I let Sage go.

However, if Sage is good then we need to see how good. If it turns out he doesn't have what it takes then we must rid ourselves of him.

My point is having a 3rd string QB who will never see action, and who will never get a shot to play is not worth our time. If that is the case I would rather see a veteran QB, then Jay, then rookie via draft.

Out of Curiosity, does anyone have Sages past 2 years numbers in the preseason

If we were to draft Rivers or any other QB on day 1, Rosenfels would likely be our #2, with the rookie the #3.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
Saga our #2 I don't like that!!

Why not, that means they have enough confidence to pull him there. Speilman just recently said Sage is now developed and should be considered an option. Sage is only in the position that Brady was when he took over for Drew..If we're know if he's viable at QB, this will be the best option. Personally, I think he's a keeper and could be our starter. The first 2-3 games, our D would have to protect him to get his feet wet, but after that I think we've found a good QB..Sage can play from the little I've seen of him, and the lot I've seen in DC.

Sage has got a really strong arm, just has some control issues IMO. I think the staff thought sage would develop, and he really hasn't. But then again, a guy needs a QB coach to help him develop into something. I've heard a few things about how the QB's were coached this year, and none sounded good. :confused:

Once we build the offensive line up a little in free agency the new QB (Sage/rookie/free agent) will be doing little more than handing it to Ricky anyway. The offense will open up, but not right away. Next year will undoubtedly start with a staunch defense and a heavy dose of #34.

Sage had a great preseason this past year. I remember thinking he was our future because he looked really good. I couldn't imagine why we were in such a fret to get a #2 when this guy looked amazing. Sure against 2nd and 3rd string but the guy hasn't has his shot yet. Who knew Bulger, Brady, Warner, etc were good until they were thrown into a starting roll.

I would like to see Ricky Ray of the CFL come in and be given a shot to start or atleast be a #2 guy, he's only like 24, has already won a Grey Cup, Canadian version of the superbowl, he plays in cold & snow bonus for playing Buffalo & NE in December. The guy is big some what atheletic and had great numbers last year in the CFL, he is a winner.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Sage had a great preseason this past year. I remember thinking he was our future because he looked really good. I couldn't imagine why we were in such a fret to get a #2 when this guy looked amazing. Sure against 2nd and 3rd string but the guy hasn't has his shot yet. Who knew Bulger, Brady, Warner, etc were good until they were thrown into a starting roll.

Exactly, the future of the phins could be staring us right in the face in the form of Sage, without the QB coach this year to give good input, I think the coaching staff lacks the knowlegde to know that.

Back
Top Bottom