saints could be in the market for a wr | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

saints could be in the market for a wr

No reason Parker isn't on the market tbh
You mean to actively attempt to move him? Why would you do that? Who would replace his skillset?

I'm sure if someone made a good offer we would consider it, as everyone has a price.

I'm willing to move all of them except the 6 I'm rostering
I'm willing to move any of them period, for the right price.

Perhaps Waddle might be the exception, but even then if someone pulled an "O'Brian", wouldn't you do the deal?

I'm willing to move any of them period, for the right price.

Perhaps Waddle might be the exception, but even then if someone pulled an "O'Brian", wouldn't you do the deal?
I've posted before there would be few I wouldn't trade for 2 firsts. Out of the WR group it's only Waddle.

I would not deal Parker. I am not thinking rebuild anymore. Let's go win and get on the right trajectory.
Same reason I hope the team can keep Howard. The door is definitely open for Miami.

In fact, if the Dolphins trade Howard I think a player of equal value might be better than draft picks.

Anyone who thinks Michael Thomas and DV Parker are going to function on the same team hasn't been paying attention.

Having lots of wide receiver bodies doesn't mean any of them are valuable in a trade.

Seeing that we play the Saints, Panthers, Bucs and Falcons this season, I'm all for not trying to help any NFC south team address any of their problem areas. If the Saints are without their best wr I say great... I hope their number 2 wr misses the Dolphins game too.

with the news that michael thomas is out for the next 4 months, the saints could be in the market for a wr.

they may just roll with their young guys because of cap issues and chalk this up to a rebuild year and hit the reset button next year.

but if not..

this article does not mention any dolphins, but i would definitely throw some feelers out there if i was grier. now's the time to get max value for an average player.

obviously waddle and probably fuller are untouchable, but other than that i think anyone else is up for debate, including parker.

from a draft pick perspective, i would be down with a 3rd for parker and probably later rounds for anyone else.

it be great to get something back for someone we may ultimately cut - grant, hurns, wilson, etc.

anyway looks like a possible opportunity for trader chris. (i seem to recall he's made the most trades in the nfl over the last 3 years compared to any other gm)
I don’t think we’ll trade w them but it would be kinda funny if Parker went there as Michael Thomas ripped on him over social media the year Parker had that big season. And Thomas sounded like such a jerk. Anyhow, without Brees at QB, it playing WR in NO may not be so great anymore.

with the news that michael thomas is out for the next 4 months, the saints could be in the market for a wr.

they may just roll with their young guys because of cap issues and chalk this up to a rebuild year and hit the reset button next year.

but if not..

this article does not mention any dolphins, but i would definitely throw some feelers out there if i was grier. now's the time to get max value for an average player.

obviously waddle and probably fuller are untouchable, but other than that i think anyone else is up for debate, including parker.

from a draft pick perspective, i would be down with a 3rd for parker and probably later rounds for anyone else.

it be great to get something back for someone we may ultimately cut - grant, hurns, wilson, etc.

anyway looks like a possible opportunity for trader chris. (i seem to recall he's made the most trades in the nfl over the last 3 years compared to any other gm)
I would never trade Parker for less than a first. He’s worth more to us than a second or third round pick. We have 2 proven WRs on the roster and he is one of them. I do think it’s a good idea to test the waters though. On all counts with all of our WRs.

They might prefer Preston Williams. He’s another big WR and has more upside than Harry. I don’t see them making a trade for Hurns because there will be a dozen of those guys available once teams start cutting rosters. Grant, Bowden or Wilson are interesting options though.

This thread seems insane to me.

The best chance for the Dolphins to compete in the AFCE within the next three years is for Tua to become a success. The best way for that to happen IS NOT to trade away one of your top three WRs. If the Phins are "all-in" on Tua for the foreseeable future, he should be surrounded with as many weapons as possible. It's not enough to just have a solid #1, and #2 in this league. The Phins should roll with a solid #1, #2, slot receiver, Gadget WR, TE#1, TE#2, and a good RB who can catch a ball. Add to that a solid O-line, and you've set Tua up for success.

Trading away DaVante Parker? It better be for some draft capitol that you can bundle for a higher first round pick to land another QB in the '21 draft.

Agree, he is worth a third, and tbh, the uncertainty over the Saints QB spot, that could be a 12-16 range pick.
He’d be an easy second if it wasn’t for the injuries. I could still see him going for a 2nd to a desperate team potentially.

In today’s market, Parker has a team friendly contract through 2023.

Fuller most likely a 1 year rental so don’t see Grier trading Parker unless it involves a 1st and/or a pro bowl level player.

Back
Top Bottom