Saints not picking up Cesar Ruiz 5th year Option | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints not picking up Cesar Ruiz 5th year Option

ABFinsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I remember during this draft a lot of members on this board, including myslef were pissed when the Saints drafted this guy 2 positions before the Dolphins were suppose to draft. Then they traded back and drafted Iggy. Now the Saints are ready to cut bait. Has he not performed or is this a salary issue?

He's been good, not great has to be a salary thing

There are many first rounders from that draft that are not getting 5 year option picked up. Covid maybe affecting the scouting that year. Anyways we are not only ones who haves messed up first rounders.

There are many first rounders from that draft that are not getting 5 year option picked up. Covid maybe affecting the scouting that year. Anyways we are not only ones who haves messed up first rounders.

It was a terrible draft across the board.

Well below average in terms of total talent.

How does this aplly to us?

you wanna trade for him?
Well, since I would love to have an upgrade over Eich, I would trade for a piss ant if it graded out better than him. Funny how this Ruiz is just average and he still graded far better than EIch.

So, he still has a contract for this year? How does that help our situation?

Reading between the lines, when a guys 5th year option isn’t picked up, it signifies he’s a player who could be acquired since his team isn’t willing to commit.

Being that Ruiz was a much discussed option for us three years ago, it’s being suggested we could acquire him, if we were interested.

On that note, Isiah Simmons’s 5th year isn’t being picked up either.

Looks like we can retire ragging on the Igbinoghene pick. They really didn’t like what they were looking at across the board.

Reading between the lines, when a guys 5th year option isn’t picked up, it signifies he’s a player who could be acquired since his team isn’t willing to commit.

Being that Ruiz was a much discussed option for us three years ago, it’s being suggested we could acquire him, if we were interested.
Oh, you mean next year. HTF does that help now? FWIW...It doesn't. Kinda telling that they are not buying...

Back
Top Bottom