Saints not picking up Cesar Ruiz 5th year Option | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints not picking up Cesar Ruiz 5th year Option

Covid was first reported in America in January 2020. The players taken in the 2020 draft all were scouted during the 2019 college season which was prior to the Covid outbreak.

The fact is teams constantly make questionable or bad picks in the first round of the draft, whether there is an epidemic or not.

That is why only 30% of first round draft picks end up signing a second contract with the team that originally drafted them.
Those players were scouted by scouts. But that's only a very small part of the evaluation process. After the season the whole staff scouts and evaluates. Real opinions and evaluations on players are certainly not done during the college season.

I'm not an expert on this but I certainly thought Ruiz was perceived to be good. It's hard for me to really gather what's going on with that team. I think Dennis Allen is going to be fired by end of this year. He's a good coordinator and terrible head coach.

Jonathan Taylor was the pick we missed with Iggy….

Justin Jefferson by drafting Austin Jackson….
Every single team passed on Justin Jefferson. Including the Eagles who needed a WR and picked Raegor

Taking an RB in the first round is … not very fashionable

You can say it hasn’t worked out as hoped but Grier was clearly picking very young players at high value positions … that’s a defensible philosophy in the late part of the first round.

Every single team passed on Justin Jefferson. Including the Eagles who needed a WR and picked Raegor

You can say it hasn’t worked out as hoped but Grier was clearly picking very young players at high value positions … that’s a defensible philosophy in the late part of the first round.
Don’t care about excuses…great GM’s pick the great players…..

Austin Jackson was a reach as was Igbo…..and Tua had injury prone issues….

If an average fan knew there were higher probability of success picks?….it’s an obvious failure on the part of management!

Oh…and Jefferson was the 22nd pick in round one…how do you calculate “every single team” passed on him?

It was a terrible draft.

Is Howie Roseman a moron for drafting Jalen Raegor or a genius for drafting Jalen Hurts right after?

I'm not an expert on this but I certainly thought Ruiz was perceived to be good. It's hard for me to really gather what's going on with that team. I think Dennis Allen is going to be fired by end of this year. He's a good coordinator and terrible head coach.
For what it is worth his PFF grades have gone down for 3 straight years and they were low to begin with.

Yep, that’s my mistake.

But the great GMs pick the great players just isn’t true. Every GM misses.

No misses at all is an impossible standard
Nobody said they never miss…but that 2020 draft was a bad start to the Tunsil/Fitzpatrick trade off rebuild….

Trading away draft picks for high priced stars doesn’t make you great long term GM either..?

Our O-line picks have been weak to say the least….You want to see how GM’s build great teams?

Go back and look at the drafts that led to the 70’s Dolphin Dynasty….George Young and Bobby Beathard….

Back
Top Bottom