Saints OL vs Dolphins OL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints OL vs Dolphins OL

Thanks for the Welcome, I have been trying to find a great Phins board for a while (there are some really bad ones, that I HAVE FOUND :( -- been reading this one for a few days - to get a feel.

It's a great board. Glad to have found it.

Welcome to the boards! It's always nice to have more people with interesting insight in here. :)

Re: Hola ....

Originally posted by Coach_Largent

The Saints/Dolphins OL is VERY overrated, and not a good run blocking unit at all. Even their best OL , the aforementioned Kyle Turley/Todd Wade is , at best an average run blocker. Naeole/Perry got driven into the backfield on nearly every play, Fontenot/Ruddy is a wily veteran, but his physical abilities are almost completely eroded. On the left side you had, Wally Williams, who was so fat (listed at 320 , I'd guess he played some at 355 or so last year ...) that he could barely move, and the aged Willie Roaf/Mark Dixon (later Darrell Terrrell/Heath Irwin -- think a bad Folau, and you get the idea ...). That line was BAD.

The worst part was the playcalling. It was as bad as you have ever seen. Non-sensical, nothing was built from anything. There was no play action (even though they faced 8 or 9 man fronts all year ...) it was horrid ...

Sounds familiar...........:lol:

I would like to add to Coach's post, probably no one keeps stats for how many times a RB gets hit behind the line of scrimmage, but if someone did, RW will lead that one by far, and I mean far. It just seemed like every other play, a defender made contact with RW 4-5 yards behind the line.. Seriously, I can recall only a handful of plays were RW got to the line of scrimmage untouched, or not altering his route.

Now, if you were asking for and untouched RW to the line of scrimmage AND a hole.... wait... I am cracking myself up now :D

we know all about getting hit behind the line, lamar got blasted a few times because the o-line couldn't block anybody. of course lamar was a step slower getting to the LOS, than he was last year!

Back
Top Bottom