Saints Safety Kenny Vaccaro Visiting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints Safety Kenny Vaccaro Visiting

Impending free agent DB Kenny Vaccaro (groin) said he is fully healthy.

Vaccaro underwent core muscle surgery in December after playing with the injury for most of 2017. "I feel better now than before the season started," Vaccaro said. The Saints have reportedly decided to move on from Vaccaro, a decision the safety said "frustrated" him at first, but he is ready to hit the open market. "I'm just going to enjoy the process, and whatever happens, happens." Mar 1 - 9:43 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8451/kenny-vaccaro

Didn't meet expectations on first team? Coming off injury? Definitely meets the Tannenbaum criteria

Rap Sheet is showing how these leaks work here. Calling him a "top-flight defender" is a nice little touch for Vaccaro's agent.

Look, aside from Jones our S situation sucks but we have so many other issues that need to be sorted in the draft (well, if we are realistic the new gm will probably have to sort them in next years) so I can understand this move.

We need to find a starting FS to replace McDonald, but with so many other needs I don't see us leaving the draft with a quality FS. Vaccaro (if cheap) could be a decent pickup... I really hate the McDonald extension

LOL.

Please for the love of god no..Miami would then have 3, yes 3, SS all while having nothing at FS.

This time of year you don't know what teams do to try and "smokescreen" the opposing teams about interest in draft prospects.

He's a SS. Could be due diligence, or could be that we are putting McDonald/KV in the "Mark Barron" role. Would go with the theme that we want more athletic LB corps.

he did look really good his rookie year with the Saints. The more depth the better at safety, I wouldnt trust TJ just because of his contract.

BTW, how much money under the cap do we have left? I wonder how much he's looking for and can we afford him?

Well again he was hurt- not that totally absolves his play but.. my just be a check in visit before the draft depending how the draft goes.

If you look around the leauge teams are bringing in people to take looks before the draft. Eric r visited Seahawks and left for instance

Kenny Vaccaro - DB - Free Agent
Free agent S Kenny Vaccaro is visiting the Dolphins on Thursday.

The safety market has moved at a snail's pace this offseason, and Vaccaro's foray into free agency has been equally quiet. He is a solid player, however, who can help out both in the box and against tight ends. This would be a solid late signing for the Dolphins.

Unless they are cutting McDonald or moving him to LB I do not get this move at all. I am pretty sure he isnt going to sign for the minimum either.

Not a fan he was benched multiple times in New Orleans

Maybe they see him as a backup nickel, or just depth in general. Maybe they see him as an upgrade. Vacarro said he wants to enjoy the process which sounds to me like he wants to hears a few offers. It's probably just a visit.

I think TJ could be moved to lb. If we sign Vaccaro, i think that will be the case

Back
Top Bottom