Saints Take on Tonight's Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saints Take on Tonight's Game

Obidan

Scout Team
Reaction score
Damn, do you guys have some depth on D or what? I was impressed by several back-ups. Wish I had caught the names or had a Miami roster handy. One back-up DE looked great. We might be looking at several of your cuts because we have very little depth on D.

The local TV coverage acted like it was a pre-season game as well. They phoned it in, never giving the down, distance, who made the tackle, or anything of consequence. They did have lots of good close-ups though where you could never see what was going on. You could do a nose hair count if you wanted to.

I hope my Saints will take a good hard look at who you guys finally decide to cut loose at RB. Solid bunch from front to back. I think Robert Edwards would be a great fit in NO, but him only having one year left and wanting to start could be a problem. He played very hard tonight making the Saints gang tackle him often. He had a questionable fumble while fighting hard for extra yards.

As expected, the starters for both teams were in for micro-seconds tonight. Why the Saints had Mel Mitchell as the single starter in the lineup in the game is beyond me. He is out for the year with a torn ACL. Is Freeman still on the trading blocks? Heck, we had our 4th string QB playing SS in the 3rd and 4th after Mitchell went down.

Looked like our second string OL had a decent outing in the 2nd and 3rd, but that is where some of our depth is.

All in all, it looked like a 4th pre-season game. Too bad there were so many dings to starters and reserves. Good luck on the season. Hope to face you guys in the post-season "somewhere". :D

The backup DE was Grisby. It was too bad we did not get to see Stallworth, Grant, and Howard though. I do too my friend. That would be a nice SB.

We would have Surtain, you guys Stallworth. Your DEs would help you too, but we have other injuries as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Obidan

Damn, do you guys have some depth on D or what? I was impressed by several back-ups. Wish I had caught the names or had a Miami roster handy. One back-up DE looked great. We might be looking at several of your cuts because we have very little depth on D.

Looked like our second string OL had a decent outing in the 2nd and 3rd, but that is where some of our depth is.

We should trade you guys a DE for an OLineman and well both be set!

Take Grisby, we have some other good DEs too. We would package him with Freeman for Stinchcomb.

Ouch, I did not know that Mitchell's injury was that serious. Nick Baunacotti(way off sp) made it seem like it wasn't much. Sorry to hear though..

Obidan.. You saw the game right?? What happened on the injury play?? Your strong safety is out for the year and many have said Sage cheap shotted your starting safety.. I didn't see the game, so I have no clue..

I saw the game. In Mississippi we get Saints local coverage. The reverse got destroyed when the ball went to the first manand he fumbled the ball forward(actually it looked like a forward pass) the play came back to Sage and he was trying to get in the way of the safety while also trying to get out of the way. Nothing dirty about it. Just unfortunate.

Obidan... sorry your guy got hurt by our clumsy blocking quarterback.

Just wanted to say it was nice having you stop in and say hi. All visitors should be as pleasant an opposing fan as you've been. Good luck when the real stuff starts. Not much longer now.:)

I didn't think Sage caused the injury. From the replay it looked like Mitchell's knee gave out when he planted the leg to make the tackle. Sage then blocks him in the butt with his shoulder causing him to go down. Sage DID clip him, but I don't think that it was the clip that caused the injury.

I may be wrong but that'swhat it looked like to me.

Hi Obidan, Bills fan should take notes on your courtesy.

It's sad to loose a starter for the season in the preseason.

It's kind of ironic that they let go Knight and now the guy that was supposed to replace him is lost for the year. But if the price is right I wouldn't be surprised to see Freeman go since he dropped behind Wooden on the depth chart.

Back
Top Bottom