Salary Cap and Opt Outs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap and Opt Outs

Ah, I see what's going on. Spotrac has already figured the opt-outs into salary cap figures. That's interesting.
Just out of curiosity, interesting how.

It would seem to be the only accurate way, at the moment.

Just out of curiosity, interesting how.

It would seem to be the only accurate way, at the moment.

Interesting in that I didn't realize they had updated their numbers. Also that I wasn't fully caffeinated yet.

I doubt Hurns or Wilson play for us in 2021. The pats have a ton of guys who needed a break from Belicjik it seems. “I’m out too!!!”

Hurns still has some guaranteed cash coming his way and is on a very team friendly deal. A lot of things can happen between now and then but he still has a decent chance at continuing his career in Miami. Wilson seems like a logical cut but even with him you don't know. The way the NFL is structured its doesn't make sense to cut players like him unless there's no place for them in the rotation or there is some dire need for the cap space they occupy.

Hurns still has some guaranteed cash coming his way and is on a very team friendly deal. A lot of things can happen between now and then but he still has a decent chance at continuing his career in Miami. Wilson seems like a logical cut but even with him you don't know. The way the NFL is structured its doesn't make sense to cut players like him unless there's no place for them in the rotation or there is some dire need for the cap space they occupy.
Good points. I was more thinking that a year off is tough when others will likely step up. Might be harder for them to reclaim their spots. That said, I wasn’t thinking about it from the cap / financial standpoint and your points are good and will play a role.

Back
Top Bottom