Salary Cap Figures | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap Figures

Yes, I would.

Those 4 together account for 41% per my numbers. Add in Fiedler and you have 50% of the projected cap tied up in 5 players

Restructuring Bowens,DT,Seau,Mare,and Knight!!...Cutting Perry,Ruddy,JM,Fiedler and Griese!!

Resigning CC and Surtain to long term contracts will save us money now too!!

Madison should be 1 of 3 thing....Cutting him will cost 1.8 this year and I believe 2.3 next year so thats a possibility.Restructure him and keep or trade him for a 2nd or late 1st.

Nah keep Madison and make him cust his salary in half and tell him he has to work his *** off and be one of the better CBs in the league again.

Originally posted by blingbling2334

We aren't going to leave Dixion. Tim Bowens wants to take a paycut to stay. Zach, Sam Madison, and JT will be asked to take a paycut.

PS- Get rid of the thought of Peyton. Isn't going to happen.

Incorrect. Zach just signed a new deal last year, there is no way we ask him to take a pay cut.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Incorrect. Zach just signed a new deal last year, there is no way we ask him to take a pay cut.

Not to mention that his play doesn't warrant a paycut. Thomas will also be a better candidate to restructure in 05 or 06 when his salary goes up. Everyone is talking about Madison because his base salary is $6.3 million. Zach's base salary for 2004 is $2.845 million.

Rosenhaus did an excellent job with Zach's contract. Plenty of up front money with realistic base salaries unless his performance starts to drop off drastically.

I don't think they will ask Jason Taylor to take a pay cut either. He may be asked to restructure his contract.

When players are asked to take a pay cut you have to be ready to tell them they will be released if they don't agree. Last year McKnight was asked to take a pay cut and he refused.

I agree with Merman. Madison is the prime candidate for a pay cut. His play has slipped and he now represents cap savings if released before June 1st which helps the management side. I bet he accepts a pay cut.

Thomas gets a gigantic bonus this year, 4m added to his base? It's not just 2 and a half million.

Originally posted by Jaj
Thomas gets a gigantic bonus this year, 4m added to his base? It's not just 2 and a half million.

When they extented Zach's contract last year the signing bonus was for $10.5 million. It is a two tier bonus with $6m paid immediately and $4.5m to be paid in early 2004. They called it an Option Bonus as they may of had to record present value for the $4.5m in 2003 otherwise. Options are carried as part of the total yearly cap charge until the option decision is made. Then the consequences are recorded. Just like Fiedler's and Tim Bowens' options. If the option bonus is paid, which I believe will be, then the cap hit drops by $3.6m as the bonus is then prorated. So then the amortized bonus would be, $6m / 6 years + $4.5m / 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom