Salary Cap Problems Next Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap Problems Next Year

J

jd13

they showed on espn the cap #s for next year for taylor (7.76m), surtain (7.26m), madison (7.16m) and zach (6.91m)...add the dead money for cutting gardener (6.1m)...thats approximately 35m for 4 players...i would think that we would restucture some of these guys and extend zach...

We wont have much trouble next year. You have to figure this is Ruddy's last year, & hopefully Nails can unseat Perry so that we can ditch him also. That would save $3mill. Plus a couple guys like Madison & Taylor will be asked to restructure.

"dead cap" for Gardener is actually closer to $6.4 million

If Ricky Williams has the type of season y'all say he'll have, then he's not gonna play for near the league minimum.

See though Bills fans. Players want to play in Miami. So we just cut them and resign them for less. I'm sure you wouldn't understand that in Buffalo :lol:

We were $18 million over the cap when the season ended. We are now under and we are fine for the cap next year. 2004 would have been deadly because we have Chambers/Williams money on board by then but cutting DG and extending Zack's contract easily keeps us out of cap hell until 2005 where we will then have to rework Taylor's/Surtains contract.

Don't worry bout us. You keep worrying about Buffalo and whether they will still be there 10 years from now :sleep:

There's no worry of the Bills leaving

The point is that by restructuring (i.e. converting salary to bonus), you WILL...are.... in cap problems. Fish are OVER the 2003 cap already and much of the fat cut to get out from under that cap problem this offseason is gone.

Seems to me that Olin Kreutz stayed in Chicago for less money.......not everybody wants to play in Miami

Hey, almost EVERYONE is in cap trouble. That's why the cap was instituted. To put good teams in cap trouble in order to create parity. We'll be fine.

Also, Van didn't say EVERYONE. You did so you could have a snappy comeback.

"...Players want to play in Miami..." sounds like EVERYONE to me

Bills are no longer in cap trouble and it will be years before the word cap hell is used in B-LO, if at all.

Denial :lol:

Well, I guess you hear what you want to hear.

Honestly, I don't care. I'm worried about NOW. So are the Phins. We're going for it all RIGHT NOW. But I already explained myself earlier. What makes us different than most other good teams?? The salary cap is SUPPOSED to rob good teams of good players.

I'll acknowledge CAP HELL when we start having to cut our core players. Otherwise, it's all speculation. You have no idea what what moves we are going to make. You're just a fan like me. And I'm tired of repeating myself.

Hey, we were $18 million in the hole this offseason. Now we're $4 million under.

DG's deadweight figure is 6.1 million, not 6.4 million. And if we hadn't have done what we did, he would have counted 7.2 million. So we saved money.

Zach may get extended. I would really like to extend both Surtain and Madison given that Jamar has yet to ascend to any kind of respectable level. I think TimBo will be gone, Ruddy probably gone unless he does well but I doubt he will. I don't think we're in as serious shape as some seem to think we are.

Nah we're really not in that big of trouble at all. We'll rework some deals and lower some base contracts.

A few guys will be cut and replaced with younger players. A few guys will take a pay cut not to lose their job and go to an unknown situation.

Bills aren't gonna be in cap trouble? Wait till Moulds and Bledsoe contracts start to balloon.

Did anyone see the story that ESPN did a while back about how many teams were projected to be under the salary cap in two years, and have 50 people under contract?

The Fins weren't one of em.

The Bills were though...

Cap jail comes for everyone eventually.

Back
Top Bottom