Salary Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I just read in the MH that if we cut Bowens by March 1st we save all of the 8 mill he is slotted to make next season. With the release of Mcduffie, Marion, Goodwin, JJ, and Irwin(all are expected) we would be under the cap. Then if we rework Gardner's, Taylor's , Thomas's, Madison's, and Surtain's contract we will have some serious room to make some major improvements, but we all must realize that if this done(witch it probably will) in no more than 2 years this team will be in dire straights as far as the cap like the Bills and Cowboys of this season.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I just read in the MH that if we cut Bowens by March 1st we save all of the 8 mill he is slotted to make next season. With the release of Mcduffie, Marion, Goodwin, JJ, and Irwin(all are expected) we would be under the cap. Then if we rework Gardner's, Taylor's , Thomas's, Madison's, and Surtain's contract we will have some serious room to make some major improvements, but we all must realize that if this done(witch it probably will) in no more than 2 years this team will be in dire straights as far as the cap like the Bills and Cowboys of this season.

Hopefully the reworking of the contracts is that easy. Taylor, Thomas and Madison might be tough sells.

I think the Fins should keep Brock Marion. He's a consistant performer at the safety position.

We will release Brock because if he is on the roster after March 1st he costs 4 mill. That doesn't mean we wont resign him later. Madison, Thomas, and Madison have all reworked their contract almost every year on the team, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Your nuts! There are many good o-lineman in this years FA class.

ice there are an unbelievable selection of everything, but QB's and RB's as FA's. So to improve our OL and DL or LBs we can easily do it with FAs if we have the cap space. :cool:

Yeah, but that is it. And Trotter and Gonzalez. No QBs, RBs, no anything else. I know of a few OL, but for the most part, this FA class is quite weak.

Back
Top Bottom