Salary Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Note to everyone: Your teams total salary is not your cap number! If it was, than everyone would be way under the cap. There are things called signing bonuses and they are not included in the numbers on NFLPA.org.

I think we need to all you one site (i.e. one of ESPN's cap projections) to see how far under/over the cap every team is. We can't just add up our teams salary. I don't want to have us consider cap hits for releasing players and stuff like that, but it will suck if every team here has a cap number around 45,000,000.

For example, we could all use this as a starting point to see how far under/over the cap every team is:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1510617

Arizona Cardinals $17.1 million under
Atlanta Falcons $4.37 million under
Baltimore Ravens $24.02 million under
Buffalo Bills $7.5 million under
Carolina Panthers $13 million under
Chicago Bears $9 million under
Cincinnati Bengals $9 million under
Cleveland Browns $1.3 million under
Dallas Cowboys $18.7 million under
Denver Broncos $2.3 million over
Detroit Lions $14.6 million under
Green Bay Packers $3.4 million under
Houston Texans $12.1 million under
Indianapolis Colts $1.8 million under
Jacksonville Jaguars $10.4 million under
Kansas City Chiefs $8.3 million
Miami Dolphins $9.48 million over
Minnesota Vikings $20.2 million under
New England Patriots $399,000 over
New Orleans Saints $22.6 million under
New York Giants $2.7 million under
New York Jets $3.5 million under
Oakland Raiders $1.36 million under
Philadelphia Eagles $22.8 million under
Pittsburgh Steelers $2.67 million over
St. Louis Rams $17.6 million under
San Diego Chargers $6.1 million under
San Francisco 49ers $793,000 under
Seattle Seahawks $11.6 million under
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $1.4 million over
Tennessee Titans $16.4 million over
Washington Redskins $8.6 million under

After that, we won't consider cap hits if someone is released. For example, if a team releases a player who is listed as having a 500K salary for 2004, they can just subtract that from the cap and not have to look up what their cap is to make things easier.

actually, i believe what they are going to do is leave signing bonuses out of it and have an adjusted cap number for us to work with. so instead of us having 79 million will have in the 50-60 million as our cap.

be easier this way for everyone involved, find out each teams current situation and adjust the cap accordingly.

yep, this was already discussed...i'm sure the guys runnin it will assess final numbers and come up with a reasonable cap well below the NFL's 79 million since we are only dealing with base salaries..

Well last year for example the cap space for all was 55million i believe. This year we havent figured out the number yet, but i think we were waiting to see what everyones numbers were so we could find a happy medium...Another reason alot of rules and stuff like that isnt set is we want everyone to be really into this and stick with it throughout the year. So we need to get everyones opinions about certain rules just like this one. Not everyone will be hapy with all the rules, but we'd like to have a happy majority...lol

This is my first time doing this so the easier the better, lol! Where are the rules at? Dealing with base salaries sounds good to me. When does FA and trading period start? Same time as the NFL's?

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
This is my first time doing this so the easier the better, lol! Where are the rules at? Dealing with base salaries sounds good to me. When does FA and trading period start? Same time as the NFL's?

Trading will start once we get all the team pages up and have the salary cap number set. hopefully within the next day or so. The dates for free agency and the draft will be dependent on when we start trading. Probably the first or second week of march. We will try to have the draft done before the actual draft...so we will try to start the draft about a month after we start free agency.

thats not your cap situation humphrey, we dont include bonuses like the nfl does.. .you have to add up the compensations we took from the nflpa and see what your total salary is.

i say lower the cap

Back
Top Bottom