Salary Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap

NFL radio Jim and Pat Tuesday talking about the2021 cap will be possible only 175 million that could be the lowest may go to 180
Miami looks to be sitting good less than 1/2 million in dead money With 55 under contract Congrats to Chris Grier.
Look at the View attachment 62580View attachment 62576View attachment 62579View attachment 62580View attachment 62576

I have no data to support my opinion, but I'll be surprised if the NFL doesn't come up with a way to raise cap in '21. If it stays at $175mm, a LOT of teams will be jettisoning good players and damaging the team for years. Pretty good vets could go unemployed due to the glut of FAs and teams having no money to sign vets. If a team foregoes saving just-in-case money they may need during the season, and suffer significant injures, then what? Personally, I'm good with $175mm, but there will be a LOT of teams petitioning for a higher cap.

Its scary to think about the economic impact the virus has had. But its a reality everyone is going to have to deal with. I can see the league taking a strong stance either way. The bottom line is the bottom line can't magically make money appear. Somehow, someway they'll hopefully come up with a better solution to the expected $175m cap. If not, then its going to be a free for all.

Per Daniel Jeremiah and the Move The Sticks guys, the original cap estimate of 175 mill seems to have been very conservative. Most people in the industry believe it’ll be closer to 185-190.

Regardless of where it ends up, it’s nice to be in a situation where you have a lot of built in flexibility. Kudos to Grier and Co.

Not knowing much about the salary cap and how it works, is it possible to spread the impact over a number of years? For example, instead of lowering it by say, $20 million, could they lower it by $5 million over the span of 4 years?

Dolphins are in decent shape cap wise. We also have a few players like Rowe we could shave.
I really hope they cut Rowe (and keep McCain). I know Darren Waller is a good TE but would it kill you to turn your head around ONE TIME and try to make a play on the ball...smh.

I really hope they cut Rowe (and keep McCain). I know Darren Waller is a good TE but would it kill you to turn your head around ONE TIME and try to make a play on the ball...smh.
Jevon Holland would be an ideal upgrade to Rowe. One of the few safety prospects that fits the bill of what they’re looking to do with that 2nd safety position. Keep an eye on this

Not knowing much about the salary cap and how it works, is it possible to spread the impact over a number of years? For example, instead of lowering it by say, $20 million, could they lower it by $5 million over the span of 4 years?
Only if the NFL can get the NFLPA to agree to it.

Well he clearly can't cover the TE...
There is a difference between not being able to cover the top 3 tight ends in the league and the general statement you made about not covering tight ends. Rowe has been better than average at it, so unless you are going to replace him with someone better, you are just creating another hole IMO.

Back
Top Bottom