Salary Cap | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap

There is a difference between not being able to cover the top 3 tight ends in the league and the general statement you made about not covering tight ends. Rowe has been better than average at it, so unless you are going to replace him with someone better, you are just creating another hole IMO.
And not even just "above average". He's been elite at it including shutting down Kittle earlier in the season. Waller and Kelce both had to make some outrageous catches. It's not like they were just sprinting to the end zone 4 yards ahead of Rowe for TDs.

I really, really like Rowe.

I watched the other 30 games as well. Seems you didn't.
Boy, you sure need to get those little elbow jabs in there don't ya buddy? Where did you learn your conversation style? Rowe is an easy trim and frees up some cap. He was merely an example. Every team cuts some players. We will too.

And not even just "above average". He's been elite at it including shutting down Kittle earlier in the season. Waller and Kelce both had to make some outrageous catches. It's not like they were just sprinting to the end zone 4 yards ahead of Rowe for TDs.

I really, really like Rowe.
I would probably take issue with elite, but it’s not worth arguing, he has been good at it either way.

Thank you @HollowBeast for this thread. I'm not a salary cap guru, and I'm happy to say I depend on astute analysis from cap gurus like yourself to help me understand our FA decision making.

You rock!

Boy, you sure need to get those little elbow jabs in there don't ya buddy? Where did you learn your conversation style? Rowe is an easy trim and frees up some cap. He was merely an example. Every team cuts some players. We will too.

I'll agree this much . . . Rowe can be upgraded. The problem is there are so many bigger needs, Rowe isn't on the radar. I suspect he stays.

Per Daniel Jeremiah and the Move The Sticks guys, the original cap estimate of 175 mill seems to have been very conservative. Most people in the industry believe it’ll be closer to 185-190.

Regardless of where it ends up, it’s nice to be in a situation where you have a lot of built in flexibility. Kudos to Grier and Co.
I've heard that in a few places. And I think it makes sense. I don't expect the NFL force teams like the Saints completely gut their roster. There will be a median number to help the teams with the worst cap situations. There will still be some painful cuts for those teams, but it won't be as bad as the original estimates were.

I've heard that in a few places. And I think it makes sense. I don't expect the NFL force teams like the Saints completely gut their roster. There will be a median number to help the teams with the worst cap situations. There will still be some painful cuts for those teams, but it won't be as bad as the original estimates were.
What? So you are saying some teams will not need to get under the cap because they are so heinously over the cap? Um....it's a salary CAP. Meaning you have to get under it. Other teams have had to make really tough calls and be in cap hell for years, it won't change now. If it did, there would be a hyper uproar. It's called fiscally responsible...

Back
Top Bottom