Sale of team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sale of team

CC Coach

Starter
Reaction score
If Wayne does sell the team, Saban will bolt, giving him the lame excuse to quit.
Let's face reality, Saban has done a poor job this year.
First, the selection of Culpepper over Brees. You should always take the smarter QB and in this case, there was no comparison.
Second the draft of Jason Allen was ridiculous. To draft an injured marginal player that high was stupid.
Third, Saban's game management has been awful. Play calling, adjustments, decisions- disgraceful. To not go for it on 4th and a half yard last night was inexcusable.

Finally, is there a more pathetic fan base than Miami-Ft.Lauderdale.
Maybe 25,000 Dolphin fans last night and 10,000 Jets fans at the game last night.
If I were the owner I would move the team to Orlando and sell out for every game and every year. Can you imagine the excitement Orlando would provide this franchise.

If Wayne does sell the team, Saban will bolt, giving him the lame excuse to quit.
First, the selection of Culpepper over Brees. You should always take the smarter QB and in this case, there was no comparison.
Second the draft of Jason Allen was ridiculous. To draft an injured marginal player that high was stupid.
Third, Saban's game management has been awful. Play calling, adjustments, decisions- disgraceful. To not go for it on 4th and a half yard last night was inexcusable.

Maybe 25,000 Dolphin fans last night and 10,000 Jets fans at the game last night.
If I were the owner I would move the team to Orlando and sell out for every game and every year. Can you imagine the excitement Orlando would provide this franchise.

People don't go to Orlando for football...I know...I lived there. They go there for Disney. People go to Las Vegas for the same reason...to gamble....not watch football. Sorry, but I don't think Orlando would get you anymore fans in the seats. Most people are not going to go to a game on Christmas in the rain, especially when the team is out of the playoffs. :rolleyes:

I agree. Look at how they pack the arena for Orlando Magic games.

Oops...bad example!

Next.

I beg to differ, living here in Orlando there is more Fin Fans here than Tampa Bay and Jacksonville. I for one would love the Fins to move here, I agree, the fan support was pathetic and to see those J.E.T.S. f_ing fans on TV on our home field was ridiculous.

The Miami fans are terrible. They don't cheer, they don't get to the games on time. Every game there is thousands of the other teams fans.
Tampa Bay sells outs every game and there is a thousand waiting list for season tickets.
I think Orlando would support the Dolphins, from that area to the Space coast and even into Polk County.

Wannstedt was an awful, dumb coach but was a decent and nice guy.
Saban acts like a jerk most of the time and has done a horrible job this year.

It (sale) is not going to happen. The Brees decision was based off of very detailed medical reports. Saban had to take the advice of medical professionals. A ripped up throwing shoulder vs. a torn up plant knee. Come on now, quit second-guessing. It doesn't look like we made a great move, but give Culpepper some more time. Edgerin took two years to heal and he returned to form. Plus, our O-line was horrible.:shakeno:

for one there not seeling the team and there was way more then 35,000 pepole there last night

Saban flat out screwed up. Both QBs had injuries. Culpepper's success was throwing deep balls to Moss.
Culpepper has always been poor at decision making and reading defenses.
Brees is by far the smarter QB. Not even close.
Most knowledgable football people knew this.
Saban didn't.
Look at the results.
Brees is an All-pro, star for the future.
Culpepper is a washed up, gimpy QB that most likely will never have any success again.
That's reality and how stupid Saban and the Dolphins were.

I agree that Dolphin fans in south Florida are spoiled. It is disgusting that the Jet fans "seemed" to outnumber Fin fans...at least on TV. BUT...In the Fans defense...the Fins the last 5 years have sucked! At least 2 of the last 6 years there was over-hyped talk of "Super Bowl". Too much hype and too many devistating let-downs. The fans and media of South Florida must face the truth, Saban inherited a terrible team. Shula supposibly "had" a Super Bowl team his final year...NOT. In comes JJ who was a draft "guru" and the one who was finally going to give Marino another "Super" shot...that ended in a 62-7 embarrassment in Jax. In comes Wanny...he gets Ricky...again more "Super" talk. Now comes Saban who takes a mess and gets an over-hyped 9-7 his first year. In comes C-Pep, Jason Allen, and again we get "super-talked" into another "super" disappointment. Do you see a pattern here? The pressure is getting to Saban. He has done a lousy job this year drafting, hiring coaches, and managing games. I believe if he stays...he WILL TURN this franchise around but he now knows he's human and greatly underestimated what Ricky and Linehan meant to this team. He also was mis-lead in the C-Pep situation. Now he has a very "old" team that has an overabundance of free-agents, rumors of Alabama, and the selling of the team. Fin-fans, dispite of our disgust Shula, Marino, Griese, Csonka, are NOT COMING back! We have to give ol Nick more time!

The Miami fans are terrible. They don't cheer, they don't get to the games on time. Every game there is thousands of the other teams fans.
Tampa Bay sells outs every game and there is a thousand waiting list for season tickets.
I think Orlando would support the Dolphins, from that area to the Space coast and even into Polk County.

Wannstedt was an awful, dumb coach but was a decent and nice guy.
Saban acts like a jerk most of the time and has done a horrible job this year.

Like a lot of cities Miami will vociferously support a good team and tend towards ambivalence when they are mediocre. It would be great if we had the rabid fan bases that you see in Washington, Chicago and the NY area, but it's not to be.

Hmmmmmmm, let me think. The Dolphins suck this year, and are out of the playoffs. It's Christmas Day, and I can drive 5 hours to Granny's house, for mouthwatering ham and turkey with all the fixin's, and be with my family whom I rarely see, or go watch the Fins SUCK on Christmas Day!? Seriously, consider the situation at hand before bashing the fans. My brother decided to sell his tickets for the Jets game and spend the holiday with his wife's family, flying to Michigan instead of another evening of screaming at our pathetic offense. Don't blame the fans. It was a game ON Christmas, of a team with a guaranteed LOSING record, and also guaranteed no playoffs.
I don't care what NFL team and what NFL city... if it's Christmas Day and your team is out of the hunt, prepare for lots of empty seats, and tired fans who've been eating and opening gifts all day.

Hmmmmmmm, let me think. The Dolphins suck this year, and are out of the playoffs. It's Christmas Day, and I can drive 5 hours to Granny's house, for mouthwatering ham and turkey with all the fixin's, and be with my family whom I rarely see, or go watch the Fins SUCK on Christmas Day!? Seriously, consider the situation at hand before bashing the fans. My brother decided to sell his tickets for the Jets game and spend the holiday with his wife's family, flying to Michigan instead of another evening of screaming at our pathetic offense. Don't blame the fans. It was a game ON Christmas, of a team with a guaranteed LOSING record, and also guaranteed no playoffs.
I don't care what NFL team and what NFL city... if it's Christmas Day and your team is out of the hunt, prepare for lots of empty seats, and tired fans who've been eating and opening gifts all day.

Point well made. If the Dolphins want to sell-out a stadium START WINNING GAMES!

Back
Top Bottom