Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Dolphins Will Fire Tannenbaum, Keep Gase And Grier

Or maybe people realize that he isn’t a good coach? 5 years in Detroit and the teams record was 26-44. 1 year in SF 7-9, 3 years in Denver before Peyton 20-28, 1 year in Chicago 6-10, 3 years in Miami 23-24. Only 1 winning season out of 13. Why is he such a hot commodity?
So now we are counting Gase's record as an assistant wherever he's been? So his record here is not his fault it's his assistants.

Or maybe people realize that he isn’t a good coach? 5 years in Detroit and the teams record was 26-44. 1 year in SF 7-9, 3 years in Denver before Peyton 20-28, 1 year in Chicago 6-10, 3 years in Miami 23-24. Only 1 winning season out of 13. Why is he such a hot commodity?

Did you not read the post you quoted?

• Another one to watch in that regard could be Miami’s Adam Gase. If EVP Mike Tannenbaum takes the fall (we told you Monday, it’d be a shocker if both Gase and Tannenbaum survive), Gase and GM Chris Grier could remain. So do the Dolphins just elevate Grier in responsibility or find someone to replace Tannenbaum? If they take latter route, would they dig into Gase’s power (i.e. control over the 53-man roster) to lure that someone—a move that would require adjusting Gase’s contract and open the door for him to look at other jobs? I’m told other clubs are monitoring this one. It’s not crazy to think a team like Cleveland, which tried to interview Gase on the recommendation of Jimmy Haslam’s buddy Peyton Manning in 2014, then did interview him in ‘16, could lie in the weeds, with Baker Mayfield as bait. Again, if it’s Gase and Grier’s show, this is status quo. But some change could bring more change.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/27/nfl-coaching-rumors-2019-browns-jets-buccaneers-dolphins-ravens

If Gase stays it makes no difference who the GM is IMO.

Any top shelf GM with legitimate credibility would not want to be here having to have to live under Gase as his Head Coach. An idea that makes little to no sense except possibly to our clueless team decision making geniuses (Ross)..who once again has a shot at redemption (good luck)
Gase stays keep Grier hell let Gase run the whole show it's not going to make any difference. Just the same Dolphin idiotic strategy approach seen for 2 decades. And Grier probably acceptable because of his willingness to take on the pro-de-motion.
Be good for me cause it would be my last straw and if they do keep him I'm done. Just can't take anymore of this half azz approach of cluelessness with Also little to no hope toward a positive future... 2 decades is my limit. (OK No Applause lol from my fan club )

The most exciting aspect of this team at this stage is the actual replacement of these hasbeens...Its the breath of fresh oxygen to the suffocating patient so clearly and drastically needed...

Gase is suffocating and at this point change is life saving...

If Gase stays it makes no difference who the GM is IMO.

Any top shelf GM with legitimate credibility would not want to be here having to have to live under Gase as his Head Coach. An idea that makes little to no sense except possibly to our clueless team decision making geniuses (Ross)..who once again has a shot at redemption (good luck)
Gase stays keep Grier hell let Gase run the whole show it's not going to make any difference. Just the same Dolphin idiotic strategy approach seen for 2 decades. And Grier probably acceptable because of his willingness to take on the pro-de-motion.
Be good for me cause it would be my last straw and if they do keep him I'm done. Just can't take anymore of this half azz approach of cluelessness with Also little to no hope toward a positive future... 2 decades is my limit. (OK No Applause lol from my fan club )

The most exciting aspect of this team at this stage is the actual replacement of these hasbeens...Its the breath of fresh oxygen to the suffocating patient so clearly and drastically needed...

Gase is suffocating and at this point change is life saving...

Well if they told the new GM he has power of the 53 and they take that out of Gase's contract - and the new GM has the power to evaluate Gase for 2019 and decide from there it might be appealing to a candidate. No? Gase may want to leave on his own anyway, if that is the case, as he points out in the article.

That’s because the rest of the NFL sees what this fan base can’t anymore: Gase turning bottom-tier rosters into teams challenging for playoff spots. Watch what happens when he joins a team that has a competent front office and an owner who actually opens his wallet for the staff he wants.

I have no doubt that another franchise will absolutely attribute the problems here to other factors, just like I don't think Ryan will have that hard of a time getting signed by another team, assuming his shoulder is good..

Well if they told the new GM he has power of the 53 and they take that out of Gase's contract - and the new GM has the power to evaluate Gase for 2019 and decide from there it might be appealing to a candidate. No? Gase may want to leave on his own anyway, if that is the case, as he points out in the article.

Appealing to a candidate ???

You know it gets exhausting listening to views that are trying to put a square peg perfectly in a round hole (and I know thats on me, I'm addicted). Personally I think a effective GM would not only see the players qualities but the dysfunction of Gase and his huge lack of understanding and direction he'd take this team even with better players (QB guru his choices RT, Cutler, Oswieller, genius right) and thats even his specialty ? Christ, OC expert, lol, my 9 year old figured him out last year. I'd expect any experienced GM to even move back in the employment line in order to not take this job with his hands tied behind his back for an extra year with this Gase setup. Truthfully I wouldn't want ANY GM that would accept him as his HC anyway...

See the push or fit possibly for Grier, he'd do it feeling it has appeal, he's already part of the loop and would slide right in, so thats not that surprising. But filling Holes seems to be our forte and not so much what we fill them with so if this were to move forward it clearly shows the same ole same ole approach and the continuing of another year of Dolphin Ground Hog Day.
Gase leaving on his own, ya right, he's going to have a big boot mark on his rear when he leaves...Maybe 2 boot makes...And my hopes is its next week and we don't have to exhaust each other with all this drivel.....

Yes then Tannehill got hurt, Albert Wilson followed & a lot of injuries after that. Remember a game where BOTH RT & LT didnt play?
True- he really didn't get to use the team he put together in August

Yes then Tannehill got hurt, Albert Wilson followed & a lot of injuries after that. Remember a game where BOTH RT & LT didnt play?
Yes I remember it well. It was a game where Devante Parker who was practicing fully that week was inactive for that game where Wilson got hurt. The world knows Sam Young can't play. He never should have been the back up Tackle in the first place, that should have been Eric Smith who Gase cut. Smith wound up in New England.

gase is incompetent and will be fired eventually. they are wasting a season by not doing it now.

Depends on how you define "waste"...if it works out with us getting a top QB in the 2020 draft it might just be worth it.

Keeping Gase is NOT a good move, and here's why. Most of us would agree that if Gase somehow survives, he will be on extremely shaky ground in 2019. The last 2 coaches were fired by Stephen Ross in the middle of the season. If Adam Gase falters early he will meet the same fate. Now put yourselves in the shoes of a good DC, O-line Coach, DL Coach looking for a job. Would you join Gase's staff knowing how unstable the situation is? Wouldn't you prefer a place where you don't have to pack up your family and move after a few months? My point is; Gase much like Sparano and Philbin, will not be able to get quality assistants to improve this team while his status is at best questionable. Therefore he SHOULD be fired now.

Exactly, man.

Not to mention that Gase has made this team WORSE, offensively, than when he first arrived. This charlatan needs to go, he's a pathetic head coach.

Adam Gase has a really, really, really, really, really good agent.
His agent was negotiating with a really really really desperate, and clueless bunch of clowns.

That's what happens in all walks of life when you negotiate from a weak position. You get strong armed into things.

Back
Top Bottom