Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback

Oddly enough. Leinart and Rosen seemed to have the same demeanor. Kind of ho hum about whatever. More oddly. Both drafted by the cardinals.

I don’t know leinart seemed more gq surfer boy and rosen strikes me as more gomer pile

But anyways I was referencing a tua and leinart comp of which I don’t see it

I don’t know leinart seemed more gq surfer boy and rosen strikes me as more gomer pile

But anyways I was referencing a tua and leinart comp of which I don’t see it
I dont think he was comparing the players, but comparing the hype surrounding them.

It could be worse for josh. He could have Dallas thomas starting multiple years and in his lead leg for pretty much every snap of them.

Still utterly amazed Miami stuck with that trash as a starter for as long as it did.

I can’t develop a strong prognosis for Rosen yet, for obvious reasons such as the fact he hasn’t played a meaningful game for the Dolphins, but I know when they acquired him my brain said, “Great move! You never pass on a talented QB prospect!”, but my gut said, “Wow, we were bidding against ourselves for a guy that in limited work, was ineffective, indecisive in his one year of service, and used up draft capital we could have used to help stack the offensive line.” And now he’s behind a potentially worse o-line than he was in Phoenix, but he does have legit competition for the starting job if he wants to really work for it. Prognosis guarded.

I want to see if josh starts feeling phantom contact and bailing out on throws.

Haven’t seen it yet but he’s not been killed by 1s level talent either.

He’s gonna get hit a lot you can guarantee that. Is he gonna start worrying about contact. That’s what I want to see.

That and can he speed up his post snap reads. Look more natural with it over time.

Still no ones passing up tua for this. I doubt anyone’s passing up Herberts upside for it either. I can run a pistol based o with that fresh out the gate.

What happens if Tua decides to stay for his Senior year? There is already some speculation that both Tua and Fromm will not declare. One of Fromm's teammates made a statement saying he thinks Fromm stays for one more year. As for Tua, he might just want to graduate, before the NFL?

Our team is going to need several drafts to get the team where it needs to be. Just far too many holes to fill. And I'm not sold on Rosen becoming a franchise QB. I think we must draft one of the top QBs next year in Round 1 and surround the guy with a decent offensive line.

First time HC. First Time OC. First time DC. Neither coordinator has called a game before. You HOPE its night and day. I have some concerns.

Um....Rosen last year went into the season with a first time HC, an OC who was fired six games into the season, and then replaced with Byron Freaking Leftwich at OC. Two years before, Leftwich had been hired as a coaching intern. He went from no coaching experience to QB Coach to OC to unemployed in less than three years.

I'm not saying Flores is the second coming of Shula, but better coaching for Rosen than last year isn't a very high bar.

Rosen is looking better than Kyler and Haskins. No on Tua.

Rosen is looking better than Kyler and Haskins. No on Tua.

I can’t develop a strong prognosis for Rosen yet, for obvious reasons such as the fact he hasn’t played a meaningful game for the Dolphins, but I know when they acquired him my brain said, “Great move! You never pass on a talented QB prospect!”, but my gut said, “Wow, we were bidding against ourselves for a guy that in limited work, was ineffective, indecisive in his one year of service, and used up draft capital we could have used to help stack the offensive line.” And now he’s behind a potentially worse o-line than he was in Phoenix, but he does have legit competition for the starting job if he wants to really work for it. Prognosis guarded.

I have no faith in this team to turn a second round pick into an effective offensive lineman and the QB position trumps all.

Back
Top Bottom