Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback

What exactly has Rosen shown so far that screams franchise QB to anyone right now? His rookie season was a mess and he doesn't look like he has made a dramatic jump entering season two.

Nothing screams he’ll be the franchise, but it was ignorant on his part writing the guy off. Make sense?

The crazy thing to me is (assuming it’s not Tua with the number one overall) I think Rosen is a better prospect than the others coming out. Can’t understand the love affair with Herbert

My brain said “Yes!” when they acquired Rosen, but my gut said “Ugh! This guy just doesn’t have it.” It’s the new age in QB’s. You better show it early and often or you’ll be trade bait. Rosen won’t be the first, first-round QB to be jettisoned after one season. This is a QB league and I don’t know how long teams want to wait these days for production. Either you’re Mahomes, Wilson, or Mayfield, or you’re yesterdays news. QB’s will become currency, like pitchers in baseball. You better produce NOW, or we’ll trade you to the next team that thinks they can fix you.

The crazy thing to me is (assuming it’s not Tua with the number one overall) I think Rosen is a better prospect than the others coming out. Can’t understand the love affair with Herbert

I agree that it will be disappointing but come on those physical gifts are crazy. We’d have to run a pistol heavy based o to limit the pocket play weaknesses out the gate and the thinking part of the position but the leagues trending towards more college spread and less think qb ask anyways.

Provided you can maintain the sticks. Which has been a major problem in Miami mostly cause of trash o line play and poa ask like a gesicki for instance

.... the thinking part of the position but the leagues trending towards more college spread and less think qb ask anyways....

Is that true for the current top QBs that have had playoff success?

Old guard: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Roethlesburger, Ryan ... no

Middle: Luck... no; Wilson maybe

New guard: Goff, Wentz, Mahomes? I don’t think so.

Who am I forgetting?

Of all those people, you could make that argument maybe for Mahomes. But I think that has more to do with his instinctive dynamic play than play design. No?

Edit I keep adding old guards...

If you read the report it’s fairly obvious Armando got his info from a high ranking team source.

Back
Top Bottom