Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback

Meaning...I see an arm and accuracy that given he masters the mental part of the game...he looks like an ideal candidate to run the Patriot offense.

Every Dolphin fan should be muttering under their breath “please god be true. Please god be true. Please....”

:ponder::shrug:

USATSI_13177249.jpg

Last year, the Buffalo Bills dealt with a full-blown quarterback competition and questions about who will start the season under center. Now, an AFC East rival is dealing with a competition between a young second-year passer and a journeyman veteran who has been around the league, including in Buffalo.

As Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Rosen continue to battle for the right to be the quarterback for the Miami Dolphins, Radio.com Insider Armando Salguero joined Schopp and Bulldog on Tuesday to give a deeper look on the competition under center and what the Dolphins are looking like heading into the 2019 season. Here is some of what Salguero had to say with Schopp and Bulldog on Tuesday:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/s...atrick-will-be-dolphins-long-term-quarterback
Thanks for posting up DK! Keep up the good work!

I agree that it will be disappointing but come on those physical gifts are crazy. We’d have to run a pistol heavy based o to limit the pocket play weaknesses out the gate and the thinking part of the position but the leagues trending towards more college spread and less think qb ask anyways.

Provided you can maintain the sticks. Which has been a major problem in Miami mostly cause of trash o line play and poa ask like a gesicki for instance
Sorry bro but to me those are the most important tools a QB must have.

I was at practice...I see a talent that can be Brady like if he masters the mental part of the game....and he’s very intelligent. He has the arm!
And Thank You for the reporting from Today's practice against the Bucs! It was refreshing to get a Finheaven perspective instead of the tweets from the media. Thanks again! BlueFin

Is that true for the current top QBs that have had playoff success?

Old guard: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Roethlesburger, Ryan ... no

Middle: Luck... no; Wilson maybe

New guard: Goff, Wentz, Mahomes? I don’t think so.

Who am I forgetting?

Of all those people, you could make that argument maybe for Mahomes. But I think that has more to do with his instinctive dynamic play than play design. No?

Edit I keep adding old guards...

I think scheme is a big driving force for every one of those new guard QBs and that’s separate from non trash o line play.

Is that underrating the QBs themselves yeah maybe but these guys aren’t just set up to fail

Sorry bro but to me those are the most important tools a QB must have.

I hear ya. Pre snap and progression read I find to be the gold standard for qb play. Has withstood the test of time even.

But I don’t know the league seems to be changing to me. College spread especially

This won’t go over well but I think in today’s nfl assuming he didn’t play to contact and the oline wasn’t trash a rg3 for instance could play a plus qb.

Would he have obvious weaknesses yep but you wouldn’t be able to expose them without poor oline play and getting them behind the sticks

Last edited:
Look we patiently persisted with Ryan Tannehill for 7 years in the hope that he would improve and go to a higher level of QB and in stark contrast, Armando has dismissively written Josh Rosen off before he has played a real NFL game as a Dolphin. Don't be surprised if Josh has the better arm, the better pocket presence and better football IQ. Time will tell but he has a lot of potential. I like the trade and think Josh has really good upside at low cost.

Back
Top Bottom