Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero - Neither Rosen Or Fitzpatrick Will Be The Dolphins Long Term Quarterback

I didn't see the scrimmage, obviously, against Tampa but no I don't agree he played well against Atlanta. I hate the way he looks like he double clutches on throws like he doesn't trust what he is seeing. Now we are hearing reports about his body language. There were already concerns about his character before he was even drafted. The last thing I'd want from the supposed face of the franchise, which if the QB is any good, that's what the QB becomes, is for him to be moping around. I'm not encouraged.

My guess is you were not encourage starting back in April. My next guess is that you’re hoping for a Tua. My nickels worth of free advice is to try not to get too upset when we pass on taking a qb even if we have the chance. That would fit right in with Miami's long standing MO. We won’t even Tank right

Rosen looks like the real deal to me so far.

He's obviously not Baker Mayfield, but I see him as being better than Josh Allen and on equal footing with Darnold.

The offense looks good, but without guards no QB is going to have much success.

Also, a little reminder for the part time NFL fans.

Fitzpatrick was basically the MVP of the NFL going into week 5 last year.

Fitz CAN and HAS won plenty of games in the NFL.

As for Alicia Silverstone, err Ar-moronado.

Remember he was caught cheering when the Dolphins lost once.

He will always be just a straw-weight looking for attention any way he can get it. ;)

Wow, Salguero really is retarded. Why do people take this guy seriously?

He is the cuban omar.

I was done with him years ago. Plus he started injecting way to much politics in his stuff. Everytime i see something of his pop up somewhere he was wining about the country. He should go work for cnn and forget all about the dolphins. He is an embarrassment to the team.

What exactly has Rosen shown so far that screams franchise QB to anyone right now? His rookie season was a mess

Rosen has exceptional pocket presence. He can make all the throws. And from what I've read he's a good locker room guy. He's got everything you could want in a franchise QB. He's not perfect. He doesn't have a A arm..it's about a B if we're being brutally honest, but it's good enough. He might be too cerebral which could affect his leadership. But I'd rather worry about a guy being too smart for his own good than too stupid. He had a truly awful situation in ARI. They were even worse than we were last season. No weapons, no line and an even worse coach and GM. Yes, QBs, especially franchise QBs are supposed to be able to overcome these things. But not many do their first years and not many ever had to deal with as bad a situation as him. Based on pure talent, he's the best we've had since Marino. I had him rated 2nd after Allen last year tied or just about tied with Darnold and Baker. All should be franchise QBs in time. Cool thing is, barring a catastrophe, we'll find out this season and win either way. He's either a franchise QB and we're golden, or he's clearly not and we have a chance to draft one of the three elite prospects in the draft. If we miss out on any of those guys, we'll likely be the worst team in the league and the only one that doesn't either have a vet or young franchise QB so tank for Lawrence can commence. And he's worth it.

Not exactly a hot take Armando...
definitely not. Allen is the best QB from that loaded class. Only Mahomes has as much talent in the entire league. I'll get crucified for this I'm sure lmao

I mean...as you should. I think Mahomes is in a tier by himself. But I do think Allen will end up being the best qb out of that class as well. I see a lot of potential and he has that same spectacular play ability Mahomes conjures up.

Also, slightly unrelated, I hope Sam darnold plays many many years in this league. Feel free to quote me on that :chuckle:

Last edited:
If Rosen isn't the guy then we need to be selecting first overall. Period.

I want nothing to do with Fromm or Herbert. Its Rosen working out, Tua, or a two year tank (Lawrence).

Armando hated the Rosen acquisition from the get go. It is in his best interest for Rosen to fail because otherwise he would look like a fool -- which he is anyway.
Armando's hate for Rosen is strictly a political thing.

Love how when a reporter doesn’t agree with people thoughts on a player they get bashed. If it’s not Omar it’s Mando....... I personally like both of them, they have their opinions even though I don’t necessarily agree with all of them.

The kid was given a raw deal but it doesn’t matter.

He either balls out despite the odds or I’m sprinting a qb card to the table in 2020.

The end

Full disclosure I’m pretty sure I’m sprinting that card regardless

Yep, unless Rosen plays you out of range to draft a QB, you make that pick every time.

So all four QB's taken In the top ten last year are going to be franchise QB's? It just doesn't usually work out that way so the odds are against that. Plus Rosen had flaws when he was coming out college and that's why he was the fourth QB taken out of the top four. Nothing about him, so far, looks like he will be a special QB. Do I think he can play in the league? Sure, but do I think he will ever play at a franchise elite type level? No. I seriously doubt that.

Back
Top Bottom