Salivating for a RB1 Next Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salivating for a RB1 Next Draft?

Stoobz

Eschew the Onvious
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
To help keep your appetite whetted:

I think Miami needs a physical, power back to complement what they already have on the roster. But I would also rank Etienne as the top back. Williams and Harris, even Stevenson would be perfect fits.

I like Etienne, Williams and Harris at the top of this draft. They clearly want a three-down back and I think all three of those guys fill that with plus athleticism. IMO that's what we're missing at RB position. Both Ahmed and Gaskins (arguably Washington too) are well-rounded backs, but neither/none are plus athletes. I expect and hope they will be looking for more explosiveness on offense this off-season.

I really didn't like Harris much early on, but he has developed so much. He could easily end up the best of the bunch.

Etienne or Harris is the only option. Any less and they are Just jags , most likely.
Williams might end up being the top RB by the time the draft rolls around. Here's what PFF is saying about him in the article link posted above:

2. Javonte Williams, North Carolina (Junior)​

Big, explosive and elusive is a winning combination no matter what position you play offensively, but that combination is the difference-maker at running back. Williams has prototypical every-down back size at 5-foot-10, 220 pounds, and he gets upfield in a hurry when he plants his foot into the ground.
Williams is currently the highest graded back in the country (94.7) and is on pace for the single most elusive season we’ve ever seen. He’s already broken 64 tackles on only 131 attempts so far this year. The balance he routinely displays through contact is unlike anyone else's in the entire draft class outside of Travis Etienne. That’s why he’s moved up to second on this list. Oh, and he’s got a little nastiness to his game, as well.

Williams might end up being the top RB by the time the draft rolls around. Here's what PFF is saying about him in the article link posted above:

2. Javonte Williams, North Carolina (Junior)​

Big, explosive and elusive is a winning combination no matter what position you play offensively, but that combination is the difference-maker at running back. Williams has prototypical every-down back size at 5-foot-10, 220 pounds, and he gets upfield in a hurry when he plants his foot into the ground.
Williams is currently the highest graded back in the country (94.7) and is on pace for the single most elusive season we’ve ever seen. He’s already broken 64 tackles on only 131 attempts so far this year. The balance he routinely displays through contact is unlike anyone else's in the entire draft class outside of Travis Etienne. That’s why he’s moved up to second on this list. Oh, and he’s got a little nastiness to his game, as well.
Williams' highlights are very impressive. I like that he's lower to the ground and seems to explode through holes. Might be pretty close between him and Harris. I still think Etienne is the top guy, especially for today's game and his ability to make big, game changing plays in both the running and passing game.

My current take on this... (subject to more alcohol ingestion)

Etienne will go in the bottom of round 1.

2-3 more RBs will go in round 2.

Then the bargains begin.

I think 3rd at the latest, maybe late 2nd. imo the RB class is not that deep so teams might not wait too long to get the ones they want.
Here I am going to disagree with you...

I think this year's class is quite deep. It's just that many of the best prospects do not play on high ranked teams, so they are getting very short shrift in the press.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom