Sam Knight update (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Knight update (merged)

Re: ZachSeau...

Originally posted by RHoffman
I say start a debate with Clump...anything to upset a Bill's fan.

:lol:

I second that request to start a debate with Clump

Last edited by a moderator:
Then again maybe Clump is too busy praying that the Phins don't sign Sammy Knight to get into another cap debate...:pray:

I think Clump

is too busy drawing his own blood....

so he gets lightheaded enough to recite all his cap numbers...

:jk:

I have no clue who else is in on trying to sign him. i will ask but I doubt he would no either. it should not matter though, we should want him more than the other teams and get it done.

We have a reputation of being low-ballers with dudes that are coming from other rosters, but as of right now, we have a VERY good reputation of taking care of our own if you've been productive with us.

Its probably the only reason Knight is even considering signing with us, cuz he knows that if he comes in and does well for us, he'll be rewarded.

I think that, if the deal gets done, they'll settle on a contract that is basically the same as what the Phins are offering now, except the Phins will agree to pay for a one year injury insurance policy to the tune of a couple mil or something. They've done that before, I forget whose contract they did it with but it seemed almost illegal the way they did it.

I think in fact, it was Gardner. Signing Sammy Knight should be priority one right now. Griese won't become available until afterJune 1st, whihmeans we have plenty of time to focus on Knight and making him feel lik the most important thing ever. I like the blurb I read that said Thomas, Taylor and Seau took him out. Perhaps having Ricky Williams recruit him would work well since the have a past relationship in New Orleans. I personally think we have to offer more than the league minimum for his services. I would offer him something reasonable and if Perry is willing to restructure, all the better. Next year we should get some relief due to Gardner's contract being off the books, and possibly part of Fiedler's if he is cut. I woldn't put much credence into what Clumped says. Sure, he might have accurate figures as they stand right now. But I think he fails to realize how creative teams can be to get around and under the cap these days. He seems to be under the impression that once the cap umber is set, they have no way around it.

A good example is the Raiders. They kept their great offense in tact while being 40 mil over the cap. It goes to show you how creative and smart team officials are now. He also stated that we would be in cap jail this past offseason. We signed Seau, Thompson, Buckley, Zgonina, resigned our own players and are on the verge of signing Knight. All while being under the cap.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Maybe we should cut Charlie Rogers and send that money Sammy's way... I think Knight would have a bigger impact than Rogers anyway... Plus Rogers is now a player with legal baggage and possible attitude problems... just my thoughts.

That's kinda funny. Charlie Rogers signed for about $600k.. what difference would that make? Rogers is a great kick returner, something we never had. Why cut a player you just signed?

We have enough to keep Rogers and sign Knight. I rather cut Roders than Rogers. And now without Lucas and likely Rodgers under contract, we have enough money to offer Knight a better contract..

u restructure perry and all could be solved. but i think they were maybe counting on that for griese.

I would like to remind people that we lost last year becuase of one ray lucas. if we have to get one or the other, it better be griese.

Back
Top Bottom