Sam Madison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Madison

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Under the thought of "what happened to our stars?"

What the hell was up with Madison Monday night? Donald Driver made him look real bad!! Not the Sam we are use to seeing.

Also, it seems like everytime our DBs are trying to tackle all they were doing was trying to strip the ball. They would miss the strip, not make a tackle, and the offensive player was trucking down the field for more yards. Jesus, make the tackle FIRST! IF you are the second or third guy there, then strip, but always make the tackle first.

Did someone accidentally slip the Jets players into our uniforms?

This is not the same team we saw before. I know Jay is hurt, but does that mean everyon else forgets how to do their job?

One thing that was totally bizarre and out of character for Madison is he DID NOT bump and jam Driver at the line and it cost him dearly. Madison doesn't have the speed to keep up with the burners, bumping and jamming is his game. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Driver release from the LOS without being touched!!

Id never thought Id say this but I think P.Surtain is better now....Madison needs to play at his level (which is Pro-Bowler), not at a solid CBs level.

Surtain is a far better tackler, but I still need to give Madison the benefit of the doubt and ignore Mon since he's played pretty well this year. Favre was one of the few QBs who went right at him, rather than seeking the TE or Fletch's man. I think Favre was even trying to make a point of it - that Favre-Driver could beat Sam anytime.

Drivers vertical leap must be off the charts. On the one catch he outleaped Madison to make the catch. Sam was lucky on the overthrow or that was a sure 6. On his tackling it hasn't been the same IMO since the injury on the Manning interception.

Fletch hasn't been burnt or even tested in a long time. I find that odd and just had to point it out for all of the Jamar Fletcher haters. Are teams forgetting to go after him or is he playing well.

Madison, in a lot of people's eyes is overrated. Maybe it is starting to show a little bit. Or maybe he just took Driver for granted figuring he wasn't gonna get throw at. If that is the case then he needs to be talked too.

Fletcher only has a roster spot until teams realize he isn't vey good and remember that he couldn't cover a bowl with saran wrap let alone a wide receiver in the nfl.

Madison is an excellent player but Surtain has been better this year I must say and I am a huge Madison fan. They are both top 5 corners.

Madison hasnt played like a top 5 corner since before the patriots. The pats he got a pick, but he also gave up a td as well. I also dont have a clue why, he has the talent but wheres the execution lately? Hopefully he gets goin against the jets or we might be toast in that one too.

Madison played lights out against Denver. Blanketed Rod Smith and got an INT. Also had some great give and take with the Denver fans.

Madison and Surtain are awesome but Madison had one bad game so what

Sutain has been hurt AND has gotten absolutely ROASTED in a game this year, and everybody is calling him out to be better than Sam?

Every corner gives up a few plays people, it's the nature of the game. It's hard to be focused for 60 mins when the damn ball is never coming your way.

Also, Fletcher has stepped up his game 150% the last few weeks.....which is great because he had a few cats worried for a while. He's not setting the world on fire but he is developing on the smae curve Madison and Surtain did.....mid-late parts of their 2nd seasons.....he can and will only get better too. He deserves some credit.

Which game did Surtain get roasted in? I mus thave missed that.

I don't remember and DBs getting roasted except:

-Fletcher during Surtain's abscence
-Madison Monday night

Back
Top Bottom