Sam Simmons makes the team ! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Simmons makes the team !

Originally posted by Prime Time
Simmons won't make this team. He will make practice squad (instead of Baker) but won't make this team. OG will make this team.

I would say OG's odds of making this team are lil to none.

I also can't see Tolver not making this squad. That guy is money and has a much bigger upside than Simmons IMO.

Oliver...

Right now I have Simmons as #4 and Tolver #5.

Also remember Simmons is a good kr/pr which gives him a leg up on Tolver.

I would still like to see more of Chris Jackson and Kendall Newsome in the 8/8 Preseason game.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I like the thought of getting new and young at
wideout,but Simmons did not make the team last year and camp is far far away from the real thing, still I hope he plays as well for us in the season if he makes the team.

Catching a ball over the shoulder sandwiched by double coverage 40 yards down the field doesn't hurt your chances at all.

How has Simmons looked on PR/KR? If he stars fielding kicks, there is no need to keep both he and Charlie Rogers...

thoughts people?

got to see both Simmons and Tolver at the scrimmage, it's going to be dog fight for that last roster spot. both looked very good, I would have to give an edge to Simmons based on yesterday. McDrops had a really nice catch that split the safeties and would have been a TD.

O.G. is a fat slow injured terd. If he makes the team , I will be very, very upset. But after this offseason, I have a new confidence in our FO. I believe they will make the right decision and get rid of him for good.I would love to see simmons make this team. Really I wouldn't mind seeing any of these young guys get a chance. Did Bellamy have any catches yesterday? I watched the game but not in its entirety. Just wondering how he did?

Originally posted by ZOD
I may have spoke to soon...Chris Jackson didn't look to shabby either...

Okay, so maybe I'm not too sure about Tolver...

i thought tolver did quite well. are youi just reacting to whatever is said? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
got to see both Simmons and Tolver at the scrimmage, it's going to be dog fight for that last roster spot. both looked very good, I would have to give an edge to Simmons based on yesterday. McDrops had a really nice catch that split the safeties and would have been a TD.

ya know its funny, you mention mcdrops after thinking that tolver might not get it. but has anyone thought that mcnight could be gone and tolver and simmons both make it? i think we are keeping 5 WR's and they will be:

1. Chambers
2. Thompson
3. Mcnight
4. Simmons
5. Tolver

but mcnight could be an odd man out if they are looking for more money. i kind of doubt it but i wouldnt rule it out. i think these will be our WR's

Yes.. I am reacting to what the Head Coach of the team has said about Sam Simmons ability and prospects of making the team.

Why wouldn't I ? :rolleyes:

But between Tolver (a stud in college), Newsome (a stud in NFL Europe), and Jackson (a stud in the Arena League) I don't know which will make the team.

Then again I haven't seen the HEAD COACH make a statement about them similar to that of Simmons. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by finfan54

ya know its funny, you mention mcdrops after thinking that tolver might not get it. but has anyone thought that mcnight could be gone and tolver and simmons both make it? i think we are keeping 5 WR's and they will be:

1. Chambers
2. Thompson
3. Mcnight
4. Simmons
5. Tolver

but mcnight could be an odd man out if they are looking for more money. i kind of doubt it but i wouldnt rule it out. i think these will be our WR's

That opinion and a dollar will get you some medium fries off the value menu at Wendys.....

McKnight makes the team. He won't "start" but he will be an excellent slot receiver. If you're putting your tiny or slow nickel CB on McKnight, you're going to get blown out of the water.

I think that, even if McKnight and DT were completely "equal" in terms of their talent, DT should get the nod because he fits the role of 2nd receiver better. Chambers is the deep guy, and DT is the big possession guy. McKnight (or Simmons) would be great role-players in the slot, and we know McK has shown a real dedication to this team.

I am 100% in support of McKnight, but I think his talent would best be utilized situationally to create mismatches in situations where Chambers/DT are split wide and he has the opportunity to split the field or find open space and move after the catch.

Back
Top Bottom