Sam "slash" Simmons....#17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam "slash" Simmons....#17

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolfans: Where is JIM JENSEN these days? He is living in WESTON right near DAN MARINO...and is probably very intrtigued by the Dolphins drafting WR/KR/HB/Slot/PR/St flyer/....you name it....he will play it.....and his name is SAM SIMMONS...and he wears #17.

I liked what I saw of SIMMONS....and I did see him all over the place. I think he proabably knows each and every offensive and special team coach by first name already. But make no mistake about it.....he is willing to do what it takes to make this roster.

The Dolphins had SIMMONS in for a pre-draft workout you know....and that workout really solidified the Dolphins having interest in this 5'9 200 pound utility man.

The Dolphins liked his intelligence and maturity level....for SIMMONS is aleady a father of two....and has had to work hard...even off the field for extra money just to make ends meat.

As far as his mini-camp report goes.....I saw SIMMONS running around alot----he had a few drops...but he was quite noticeable. They had him playing in the slot....for the most part...and he was being tried as a return man. His speed is not burner speed....but it is fast enough. He does have that spark that you are looking for....and he seems to be very good on knowing what he is doing on the special teams. He wants to play both on the recieving and defending units of the special teams.

The bottom line: SIMMONS is competing with OGDEN and ALBERT JOHNSON for a roster spot....on returns...and with regards to WR....you can also throw in ROBERT BAKER in there.
His versatility is going to play a major decision on whether or not he makes the final active roster. Right now.....he is just showing the coaches what he can do....and where he would be able to help the team best. I think the coaches will evaluate his performance in these past 3 days.....and come up with a game-plan for SIMMONS the next time he is due to report. SIMMMONS is definately going to be a guy that all Dolphin fans will see a lot of....in a variety of positions this upcoming camp and pre-season....
DCH

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Dolfans: Where is JIM JENSEN these days? DCH
but can he throw the ball ? ;)

"Touchdown" Simmons does have a nice ring to it eh 39?...lol :D

I never cared too much for Ogden as a receiver or a return man. Hopefully this kid is an upgrade.

I am sort of rooting for Robert Baker at 5WR, but he's not a PR so not sure how that would play out. Though TD Simmons does have 2 kids so he needs the money more.

Back
Top Bottom