Sam Young Cut | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Young Cut

Dude was not a world beater but was serviceable last year at RT. He was terrible last week but a lot of that goes on Gase as well. He knew what he had in Young and left him outside on a island to get turned into a turnstile. Gase needed to have the RB chip or put a TE to that side. Young can only be at fault for so much, a lot of that is coaching and play calling as well.

Dude was not a world beater but was serviceable last year at RT. He was terrible last week but a lot of that goes on Gase as well. He knew what he had in Young and left him outside on a island to get turned into a turnstile. Gase needed to have the RB chip or put a TE to that side. Young can only be at fault for so much, a lot of that is coaching and play calling as well.

Completely agree.

Additionally, cutting Young without having someone better to take his place was an error in my mind. What if both Tackles go down versus the Bears? Tunsil is coming off a concussion. Lack of foresight.

Definitely the right decision but never nice to see a man lose his job. By all accounts he’s a decent guy, never hid and always stepped up when needed, often in difficult circumstances, without any fuss or drama and always at vets minimum.

Ultimately he’s just not good enough, but sad for him it ended like it did after a fairly decent showing last year when he filled in at RT.
Adios Mr Sam.

Good post.

Not everything is whine or roses, but effort does have value and should be recognized.

Seemed a good guy, and pro. Sad for him.

But this is a worrying trend with gase. His player evaluation.. Scares me. He needs to see him destroyed in a game to know that we've all known? He needs Williams to get injured to find out drake should be the starter etc ..

Seemed a good guy, and pro. Sad for him.

But this is a worrying trend with gase. His player evaluation.. Scares me. He needs to see him destroyed in a game to know that we've all known? He needs Williams to get injured to find out drake should be the starter etc ..

plenty of guys don't work out...don't blame the coach...maybe your boss took a chance on you? what do you have to say if you dont live up to his/her expectations??

plenty of guys don't work out...don't blame the coach...maybe your boss took a chance on you? what do you have to say if you dont live up to his/her expectations??
I've no issue with players not working out. I have issue that gase seems to fail to identify who the best players are. If you have them day in, day out in camp and at practice, you should know who is better.

If he was so bad then why was he always he’s eligible receiver when they wanted 6 lineman on the field? Yes he was abysmal last week. He was decent filling in for James the last couple years. Feels like a bus throw under.

If he was so bad then why was he always he’s eligible receiver when they wanted 6 lineman on the field? Yes he was abysmal last week. He was decent filling in for James the last couple years. Feels like a bus throw under.
This is also a good point He could be kept as a serviceable backup RT?

Instead, we keep an extra hopeless QB!

This is also a good point He could be kept as a serviceable backup RT?

Instead, we keep an extra hopeless QB!

I have been thinking about all the QBs being carried. Maybe Gase is looking towards next season. Dump Thill if he doesn't improve, release Brock. That gives him 2 young cheap QBs. He apparently likes Fales, and he snatched the youngster from the Titans. It's the only damn reason I can think of for carrying 4QBs

I have been thinking about all the QBs being carried. Maybe Gase is looking towards next season. Dump Thill if he doesn't improve, release Brock. That gives him 2 young cheap QBs. He apparently likes Fales, and he snatched the youngster from the Titans. It's the only damn reason I can think of for carrying 4QBs
Isn't false 28? Not exactly young! And if he's not good enough to beat brock out this year, he's not worth carrying,in my opinion.

Interesting theory, though unlikely I'd say.

Gase needs to be able to recognize these guys suck before it costs us games. I mean he sees them everyday in practice.

Asiata must really suck if they’re not promoting the guy to the team. This team is void of good offensive linemen and he’s still on the PS.

Asiata must really suck if they’re not promoting the guy to the team. This team is void of good offensive linemen and he’s still on the PS.

Maybe it's not Asiata who sucks but the Dolphins coaching staffs inability
to develop young offensive lineman

Back
Top Bottom