Same Old Finheaven | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Same Old Finheaven

This is just flatly incorrect.

We have all seen him do it.
Too literal. Im not saying he cant throw the ball 30 yards... Im simply pointing out that more than once when he tried to go down field and had a receiver open he was unable to get it there vs the Chiefs. Go watch that game again. I watched video after video of him in college prior to this season and his arm strength was fine it just hasnt translated to the NFL yet for whatever reason. If nothing else that maybe the biggest reason for us to remain optimistic as it could mean he is not using his lower half enough due to the hip not being fully recovered, just speculating

Hands up all those who thought we’d be in the playoffs after 1-3 start? Same people, keep your hands up still, all those who said we won’t have more than 5 W’s at that point. Are you the same people who now expect the same squad to be in the playoffs? Stop crying and be realistic.

I don’t post much because lately when I do and most other people do they get gangbanged by a load of negativity on this site. I don’t stop reading posts on this forum because this forum has some of the best insight and I appreciate the people who contribute to that.

I know this won’t stop the I hate Tua threads but I want to say the same thing was done to Ryan Tannehill and look where he is now. Probably looking back laughing at us. Actually, he’s too classy for that, but given the right weapons and online a quarterback can prosper, and if not they can sink.

Tua has done some good things with very little to work with and let me remind you of some of it without our 3 first-string running backs, wide receivers, and our first-string tight end. Also, everything time tries to get a good thing going our drive is killed by a drop or a hold by the online. I would like somebody to go back and count up how many were killed by one or the other. It’s a lot. Wish I could but I don’t have the time. My wife would not allow it.😁

All I’m saying is this kid is a rookie and he has to learn from his mistakes and Chan Gailey does not seem to let him do that by constant screens and short passes and don’t say it’s Tua checking down because a lot of those are designed. Also, the whole Fitz magic is better because he gets it downfield and creates plays is not a competent argument because all though he can he’s also good for two to three ints a game. Which can easily override anything good he does. 10 other teams that dumped him aren’t wrong.

The problem with our wide receivers is they don’t catch with their hands. I’ve always been told to not catch it in your chest and our receivers constantly do that. Can’t remember the game but the long bomb to Grant he should have tried to high point and contest for the ball and instead he tried to let it fall into his chest. Instead, it went through his arms hit his leg bounced off, and was intercepted. This has been a common thing on a lot of the drops and a couple of Tuas ints. The receivers are not helping.

Sorry just had to vent and I don’t even think I laid all of it out there of what is wrong with the offense. I have slight doubts about Tua but I’ve seen more upside. And the defense was playing well against the Bills but can only do it for so long without the support of an offense that can support drive.
I know I deserve it. Let the ripping begin.😀 and here’s looking forward to next year. Fins up.!!!

The most vocal participants on message boards, like any other place on the internet that permits anonymous feedback, are not mere fans or enthusiasts but self-appointed experts that, but for some unjust event in their lives, would be general managers, coaches, starting quarterbacks, movie directors, writers, artists, musicians, etc. If you merely support a player because of the symbol on their helmet, jersey, kit, etc., you are called naive or a stepford. As a reminder for those types, "fan" is defined as follows:

someone who admires and supports a person, sport, sports team, etc.

When evaluated as a derivation of "fanatic", we are presented with this definition:

a person who is extremely interested in something, to a degree that some people find unreasonable

Now neither explicitly rejects the idea of criticizing the object of one's fandom but I would suggest that, at minimum, there must be an overriding support for the team and its members.

Sadly it seems more and more that "fans" would rather be experts and right than fans that merely support.

I think its time for many to take a walk and consider what brings them joy and what brings them suffering. If the Dolphins bring you suffering, maybe its time to take a break.

This place is going to be insufferable for months with the same rhetoric from the same people over and over. No thanks. Will make my donation today and go back to hanging out in the lounge till the draft and next season.

Too literal. Im not saying he cant throw the ball 30 yards... Im simply pointing out that more than once when he tried to go down field and had a receiver open he was unable to get it there vs the Chiefs. Go watch that game again. I watched video after video of him in college prior to this season and his arm strength was fine it just hasnt translated to the NFL yet for whatever reason. If nothing else that maybe the biggest reason for us to remain optimistic as it could mean he is not using his lower half enough due to the hip not being fully recovered, just speculating
gotcha.

i didn't see it as much as an issue.

but spending the whole offseason rehabbing from a major injury isn't the same as football training.

you will see a different guy next season.

gotcha.

i didn't see it as much as an issue.

but spending the whole offseason rehabbing from a major injury isn't the same as football training.

you will see a different guy next season.+
+1... and hopefully with a new play designer/caller

Not writing off Tua, way too early for that but if you're not concerned with the inability to get the ball downfield then all the power to you. He missed 2 touchdowns against the Chiefs simply because he did not have the arm to lead a receiver 30 yards down field. And basically since then he hasn't even attempted it. Sure some of that is personnel/play call related but young guys do take shots.
Do you have links to the film to back this claim up?

Do you have links to the film to back this claim up?
Im not going to watch the entire game to find them but a quick search of highlights on youtube I was able to find one of them. About the 5:17 mark of the video or right around the 3 minute mark of the 2nd Quarter. It was about a 40 yard throw but he was able to step into it. Grant has 2 or 3 steps on the defender when the ball is released

Hands up all those who thought we’d be in the playoffs after 1-3 start? Same people, keep your hands up still, all those who said we won’t have more than 5 W’s at that point. Are you the same people who now expect the same squad to be in the playoffs? Stop crying and be realistic.
It’s not about that...I expected our QB to not look this anemic and lacking in arm talent.

Im not going to watch the entire game to find them but a quick search of highlights on youtube I was able to find one of them. About the 5:17 mark of the video or right around the 3 minute mark of the 2nd Quarter. It was about a 40 yard throw but he was able to step into it. Grant has 2 or 3 steps on the defender when the ball is released

so the throw where grant drops an easily catchable pass? And did you ignore the deep ball tua threw that Grandropped as well in the same game?

this is pretty weak evidence.

so the throw where grant drops an easily catchable pass? And did you ignore the deep ball tua threw that Grandropped as well in the same game?

this is pretty weak evidence.
If the pass is thrown well it is a touchdown, it was so poorly thrown that the defense didn't react. That is a throw that almost every starter and most backups make for a score. Look, you dont have to sell Tua to me, I'm on board but the arm strength is something to be aware of and that play is a great example. You asked for an example to "my claims" as if I was just trying to tear the kid down and when you got one you spin it another direction.

If the pass is thrown well it is a touchdown, it was so poorly thrown that the defense didn't react. That is a throw that almost every starter and most backups make for a score. Look, you dont have to sell Tua to me, I'm on board but the arm strength is something to be aware of and that play is a great example. You asked for an example to "my claims" as if I was just trying to tear the kid down and when you got one you spin it another direction.

it was not a great example at all, considering there were 2 defenders- a safety coming over the top to help on a run after catch. You said there were multiple Tds he missed. Im not seeing that. You also ignore his 50 yard pass in the same game that grant dropped which would have actually been a td.

It’s not about that...I expected our QB to not look this anemic and lacking in arm talent.
I’m for giving him time but everyone is entitled to an opinion. My issue is with the doom mongerers when we’ve had a great season, with an average at best off skill set and rookie filled off line. What were people expecting? Next season will be different. We will be in the playoffs. If this is what Flo can do with this squad how good can we become when we upgrade through FA and draft? Why fuss when we have all this positivity .... and pix? Don’t ruin it doom mongerers that’s all I’m saying. The funs already begun, CG is gone

WAIT! I came for the gang bang!!? Where is it?!? Did I miss?

Yeah the Facebook page is actually full of positivity and good job posts from fans who aren't mental and demanding a lobster dinner every night like it is here. I was already a lobster guy, but decided to go full 100% to fit in best with this site over the years. I figured, I have donated to the site a couple times so I can bitch, moan, dark humor the posts all I want as long as no lines are crossed. I know my ****, and you get that a lot of times, but I troll and bitch too. Part of the deal. Failure in sports teams, I have learned to accept and expect it, so yeah.

Back
Top Bottom