San Diego Situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Diego Situation

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seeing as SD wants a WR, and COULD offer us their #12 and #28 in round one, who do you see us taking in those 2 spots assuming we took the deal.

I don't even know who I'd WANT there. I am pretty much POSITIVE Benson and Brown will be gone, so the only back that COULD be there would be Caddy, and even then I don't see us taking him just for the fact that he won't fit our system. Not so much the system but the style, if that's the right word. What I mean is Caddy is a finesse runner and can't really plow through people. Runners like that need a lot of initial help from the O-Line in order to get some room to do their thing, since we don't HAVE an O-Line, I don't really see Caddy as being effective for us. MW and Braylon will definately not be there, nor will either of the top 2 QBs, so I have no clue who I would want here. I wouldn't even want this deal only because I am the biggest advocate there is for getting Benson or Brown in round 1.

Spears / Barron at #12 (pacman or DJ if available)
Shaun Cody / Roddy White /Matt Jones / Louis Castillo at #28

figure Defense or WR at that point

spears/barron at #12...

#28 - i dunno, baas (slight reach), brodney pool, travis johnson (doubt he'll be there).

It wont happen anyway... I disagree with you observations about Caddie. A finesse guy like Caddy would actually be perfect.

at 12 - D Johnson, Merriman if he has slipped
at 28 - WR or OL or CB, BPA

I would expect at least a 2nd in this offer as well or SD would be ripping us off. with the 2nd - get McPherson.

finsnchips said:
spears/barron at #12...

#28 - i dunno, baas (slight reach), brodney pool, travis johnson (doubt he'll be there).

It wont happen anyway... I disagree with you observations about Caddie. A finesse guy like Caddy would actually be perfect.

I think he would too, and as I said before I like him better than Brown and would LOVE to see him be a Dolphin if we don't get Cedric, but given his lack of durability in the split role in college, and our lack of offensive line which directly resulted in, what, 2 QBs and 3 RB injuries last season, one RB injury season ending, do you really think he would be THAT effective?

Back
Top Bottom