San Fran negotiating with top pick

Gamble

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
ESPN's Clayton reports that the 49ers are talking contract with Smith, Rodgers, and Edwards. Which signing would benefit the Dolphins the most?

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
I could see any of them helping us. If they take one of the QBs teams might want to jump ahead of Cleveland to nab the last remaining QB. If they take Edwards perhaps a team who really wants a WR will move up to take Mike Williams. Also if they take Edwards then we cant make the mistake of taking him :wink: I think them taking a QB is most realistic though

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I really hope that the Niners will pick Rodgers because that would help us out in 2 ways. Since Edwards and Smith will be there, there will be offers on the table for us that will give us some high picks.

JCfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Gamble said:
ESPN's Clayton reports that the 49ers are talking contract with Smith, Rodgers, and Edwards. Which signing would benefit the Dolphins the most?
Definately Rodgers. I think more teams picking behind us are interested in Smith and Edwards.

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
That's tough. I like both QBs quite a bit. Before I liked Rodgers more than Smith by a wide margin, but now in my mind it's almost even.

General Tso

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Gamble said:
Edwards... so Saban can choose whomever he feels is the best QB in the draft.

Timmy54

Not a 3am Member but still post whoring
Reaction score
Just as long as they have their contract locked before draft it is great for us. Remember, Saban wants to trade the #2 pick and with all the info for other teams all spelled out, that sale will be alot easier if SF does their part.

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The worst thing would be if they successfully trade that pick to another team we could have traded with. Second worst would be if they pick Edwards. There is a greater probability we could trade down if he's still on the board at 2.

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
LostInPatsLand said:
The worst thing would be if they successfully trade that pick to another team we could have traded with. Second worst would be if they pick Edwards. There is a greater probability we could trade down if he's still on the board at 2.

Your right. They definitely need to take a QB. I'm just still not sure which though is better.

Rivers177

Rookie
Reaction score
I think its Rodgers because the other players are all better then him. As you can tell I'm not a big fan of Rodgers he is just too much like Boller.

Top Bottom