San Fran negotiating with top pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Fran negotiating with top pick

Rivers177 said:
I think its Rodgers because the other players are all better then him. As you can tell I'm not a big fan of Rodgers he is just too much like Boller.

Why Tedford? :shakeno:

He's far smarter than Boller, more accurate, and he led his team much further than Boller did. He's not as raw as either.

Jaj said:
Your right. They definitely need to take a QB. I'm just still not sure which though is better.

Rodgers gets the nod. Everytime I hear about Smith I cant help but think Tim Couch. Did they not come from very similiar offensive systems?

Rivers177 said:
I think its Rodgers because the other players are all better then him. As you can tell I'm not a big fan of Rodgers he is just too much like Boller.

They played for the same school/coach, other than that how are they similar quarterbacks? (hint: they're not very similar at all)

havanahec said:
Rodgers gets the nod. Everytime I hear about Smith I cant help but think Tim Couch. Did they not come from very similiar offensive systems?

Alex Smith is not really like Couch though. He's like Pennington with wheels (his arm is stronger than Pennington's arm though and he'll only get stronger). Plus Smith is 20. Rodgers is 21. That's extremely young and shows how much potential these two have and shows how much time they can afford to sit on the bench. Many top picks don't start playing until 26/27 like Pennington.

DonShula84 said:
I could see any of them helping us. If they take one of the QBs teams might want to jump ahead of Cleveland to nab the last remaining QB. If they take Edwards perhaps a team who really wants a WR will move up to take Mike Williams. Also if they take Edwards then we cant make the mistake of taking him :wink: I think them taking a QB is most realistic though

somethink told me that cedric is gone a be better

Rodgers is definitely the best for the Dolphins. I think more teams would go after Smith. I also think Braylon Edwards will be a hot commodity at #2. If Edwards goes to SF, then I don't see anyone trading up for a QB; And, it leaves Mike Williams as the only top 10 WR. But, I don't see teams willing to trade up for him to the #2 spot - no matter how great his hands are. I love the guy, but he has less potential to be a true gamebreaker.

I think them negotiating with the qb's will benefit us the most. It may concern cleveland or any other team looking at the last of the 1st rounders and they may want to trade picks with us.

Surprised to hear you guys say "Rodgers" if the question is which player picked by SF helps Miami. I think Aaron Rodgers is the higher ranked QB in most team's minds so you can't tell me if SF takes Alex Smith that it doesn't help us more. Think about it, that leaves Braylon and Aaron there for us or whoever picks at # 2. And if other teams feel that Rodgers is also a better prospect, it's almost like Miami now has the # 1 overall pick since SF went for the other QB prospect.

Having said that, I do think SF's taking Rodgers. If Saban wants to move down still after that, hopefully there's some teams smitten with Smith and Edwards and we get a couple more picks for a move down from # 2.

Back
Top Bottom