San Fran negotiating with top pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Fran negotiating with top pick

Gamble

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
ESPN's Clayton reports that the 49ers are talking contract with Smith, Rodgers, and Edwards. Which signing would benefit the Dolphins the most?

I could see any of them helping us. If they take one of the QBs teams might want to jump ahead of Cleveland to nab the last remaining QB. If they take Edwards perhaps a team who really wants a WR will move up to take Mike Williams. Also if they take Edwards then we cant make the mistake of taking him :wink: I think them taking a QB is most realistic though

I really hope that the Niners will pick Rodgers because that would help us out in 2 ways. Since Edwards and Smith will be there, there will be offers on the table for us that will give us some high picks.

Gamble said:
ESPN's Clayton reports that the 49ers are talking contract with Smith, Rodgers, and Edwards. Which signing would benefit the Dolphins the most?

Definately Rodgers. I think more teams picking behind us are interested in Smith and Edwards.

The best situation would be if they picked Rodgers.

That's tough. I like both QBs quite a bit. Before I liked Rodgers more than Smith by a wide margin, but now in my mind it's almost even.

Gamble said:

Edwards... so Saban can choose whomever he feels is the best QB in the draft.

Just as long as they have their contract locked before draft it is great for us. Remember, Saban wants to trade the #2 pick and with all the info for other teams all spelled out, that sale will be alot easier if SF does their part.

The worst thing would be if they successfully trade that pick to another team we could have traded with. Second worst would be if they pick Edwards. There is a greater probability we could trade down if he's still on the board at 2.

LostInPatsLand said:
The worst thing would be if they successfully trade that pick to another team we could have traded with. Second worst would be if they pick Edwards. There is a greater probability we could trade down if he's still on the board at 2.

Your right. They definitely need to take a QB. I'm just still not sure which though is better.

I think its Rodgers because the other players are all better then him. As you can tell I'm not a big fan of Rodgers he is just too much like Boller.

Back
Top Bottom