SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAN FRAN RECORD TRACKER FOR OUR FIRST ROUND PICK

That has to be the focus. Also, have to be able to get pressure sometimes without sending the house. The Dolphins are pretty amazing at 0 coverage, but that is a risky defense.
I couldn't agree more with this. The ability to pressure the QB without blitzing is such an advantage. You can have the best CB's in the world, but if the QB has all the time in the world he will eventually find someone open. The ability to get at the QB with a 4 man rush also allows the "would be blitzer" to be utilized in pass coverage, QB spy, stopping the run, etc...

I couldn't agree more with this. The ability to pressure the QB without blitzing is such an advantage. You can have the best CB's in the world, but if the QB has all the time in the world he will eventually find someone open. The ability to get at the QB with a 4 man rush also allows the "would be blitzer" to be utilized in pass coverage, QB spy, stopping the run, etc...
It's the next evolution of this defense! Hopefully.

Agree 100%. Front 7 impact is at the fore front of 2023 needs. You gotta stop Mahomes for the next decade. Allen, Herbert and Jackson will also be a thorn in our sides until i'm pushing 50 (I'm 42 now).

Might be time for us to make our "Julio Jones" trade for an Alabama stud. 2024 first rounder has to be on the table come 2023 draft. Anderson would have to fall to No.3 for something to happen. QB's need to go 1 and 2 before we can trade up. Trading up to 2 with Young or Stroud still on the board might be too costly.

Good thing for us is most of the teams projected to be picking early are NFC teams. Falcons, Bears, Commanders, Seahawks, Panthers, along with the Jets. Jags have played themselves well out of the conversation (good for them).

Better trade up potential with those teams being in those positions, they are all rebuilding and are all in need of multiple draft picks to begin the process of competing.

I'm really rooting for Kentucky's Will Levis at this point. I'd love to see him work his way into the top 3. Stroud-Young-Levis 1-2-3 with the Commanders or Bears picking fourth is our best possible scenario for this desired outcome to possibly come to fruition.

Speaking of the Commanders, I'd have a conversation with them right away to gauge their interest in trading Chase Young. If I can buy low with that dude, I'd strongly consider it, if I can do a deal with conditions it would be more likely. I am not giving them a first round pick right now for the guy so we'd have to get creative. If he can come back and put up double digit sacks, I'd compensate them with future picks. At the end of the day it doesn't matter that they used the second pick overall for him. They are going to need assets to get their future QB. It's not like Wentz is going to stick around. Sooner or later Washington has to rebuild and with those WR's they have, they aren't going to want to wait too long to take a shot at another early pick. Realistically though I don't think you can offer them enough to give up on a talented player like CY but the injury situation opens up a door that would otherwise never have a chance of being open.
Man I would love Anderson, but it isn't happening unless SF falls apart and is top2/3 pick. Teams will want a QB like package to move on from Anderson.

Anderson is the best/most valuable prospect outside of some QBs in a long time. Some scouts think he is the best D prospect since LT. Kid has basically zero weaknesses from a physical stand point. Has great awareness as well. And he is a leader with a non stop motor. His type of package comes around once in a blue moon. His ceiling is through the roof and his floor is were most top guys ceiling is at.

Man I would love Anderson, but it isn't happening unless SF falls apart and is top2/3 pick. Teams will want a QB like package to move on from Anderson.

Anderson is the best/most valuable prospect outside of some QBs in a long time. Some scouts think he is the best D prospect since LT. Kid has basically zero weaknesses from a physical stand point. Has great awareness as well. And he is a leader with a non stop motor. His type of package comes around once in a blue moon. His ceiling is through the roof and his floor is were most top guys ceiling is at.

Shhhhh. Whisper, some teams are stupid.

When we get a top 10 pick from SF, then Anderson is definitely in play.

When you look at our cap situation, we probably won't be big players in FA next year.

The idea that comp picks will most likely be in play for 2024 makes our first rounder potentially tradable.

If we are in the top 10, we have to go for him

Just my opinion

When you look at our cap situation, we probably won't be big players in FA next year.

The idea that comp picks will most likely be in play for 2024 makes our first rounder potentially tradable.

Just my opinion
Dwb5x.jpg

Just my opinion
I just don’t see anyone getting Anderson without having a top 3 pick from the get go. This is a three person draft at the top. It is the 2 QBs and Anderson. The drop in value from pick 3 to 4 is pretty big right now.

Anderson is the best D prospect in a long time. Dude averaged pressure at like 17% on pass plays had 17.5 sacks. He puts pressure on a QB almost 1 out of every 5 passes by himself. He is like what Hill does to an offense as well, guy draws extra blockers all the time that frees up other guys. Oh and he is also one of the best run stuffers as well. He had 34.5 TFL in 15 games last year. Miami as a team had 73 TFL.

But it this way if SF ends at 3 and Anderson is there it would take 3 first round picks for me to even start and think about trading down.

GakgO5.gif

At least the Niners are down 28-14 to San Fran with just under 7 minutes to go. They have the ball but have a long way to go.

3rd and 12 at their own 44. 5:30 left.

Back
Top Bottom