San Francisco Negotiating with Rodgers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Francisco Negotiating with Rodgers

finsnchips said:
GM gets the say so... Saban is our GM. Nolan is not the 49er's.

Yeah, I get that part. And you're right, that's the difference and the bottom line.

But it just strikes me as bizarre because Mike Nolan figures to get one NFL head coaching opportunity, not several. This QB choice will probably determine how his head coaching tenure progresses. And he's not getting the guy he supposedly covets.

I'd have to raise my voice, and not just a little bit.

Awsi Dooger said:
Yeah, I get that part. And you're right, that's the difference and the bottom line.

But it just strikes me as bizarre because Mike Nolan figures to get one NFL head coaching opportunity, not several. This QB choice will probably determine how his head coaching tenure progresses. And he's not getting the guy he supposedly covets.

I'd have to raise my voice, and not just a little bit.
no.. your right. He needs to say 'look, I'm the HC. I want this guy.' Saban would do that.

i don't understand how, all of the sudden, we are interested in benson. i prefer alex smith, but if he is not available, benson?

i know it is not fair to compare him to ricky, but really, he just reminds me too much of ricky. and braylon edwards reminds me too much of david terrell.

if smith isn't there, and we can't trade down we have to take rogers or ronnie brown.....

Boomer thinks he know everything. Cheap talk with the vocabulary-he's trying to impress y'all.

If we waste the #2 overall on Benson I'll be very unhappy!! I was really thinking about going to the draft this year, but if we are gonna take Benson and only six players are expected to be there... I'll pass. I gota tell ya Boomer, I love to read your stuff, but Benson is down right awful IMO. I don't mean his ability or talent, just for us at #2. I would rather have Williams or Brown or Edwards or D.Johnson or just about anyone but Benson. I don't think a RB should be taken that high anyways, not when you can get proven talent like S.Alexander or E.James for far less, as far as a DP goes anyways. I was really excited about this years draft,but if we take Benson and waste such a high pick on a player who's stock has fallen like Bensons, then this years draft will be far more of a bust IMO then last year.We have been saturated with info about the top talent in this draft now for months and Benson to me is not worthy of the #2 overall, and when was the last time a RB was taken that high? You can not tell me that Benson will be the most talented player on the board if we stay at #2.

KevinRI said:
Boomer thinks he know everything. Cheap talk with the vocabulary-he's trying to impress y'all.

When you have something worth sharing please do.

I agree that Benson at #2 would be horrible...

just down right horrible...god I hope you are wrong Boomer.

KevinRI said:

Thanks Kevin. So glad you registered.

I know nothing about it being Benson other than gathering rumours. Personally he's my 3rd choice of the backs, but just passing on what I/we hear. It will probably all be wrong come draft day and then people can really start having a go, as that seems to be what a lot are waiting for. :rolleyes:

Who knows what will happen.

I would be greatly dissapointed if we draft a RB especially Benson at such a high spot.To me it would be a waste of an opportunity to accumulate picks in a tradedown or in drafting a franchise QB which could be traded ala Manning/Rivers or kept to be our franchise QB who will lead us to the next SB under Saban.

How many times do you think we will be picking this high again? We have to cash in on this opportunity IMO.

Boomer said:
I don't at this stage see an us-Tampa trade being viable when they can do a cheaper deal elsewhere.

I dont see what Tampa gets by trading up one spot to Chicago's pick. Tampa knows that the Bears are not in the market for a QB, so why would they move up one spot when Rodgers will be there at 5 anyway. Its not like the Bears can bluff the Bucs into thinking they will take a QB.

Lets put it another way. If Rodgers falls to the Bears at four, he will still be on the board at 5 for Tampa.

I say we wait on getting a RB untill Adrian Peterson comes out and then we sell the farm for him!

Waterboy said:
Hey Boomer how about the hostage theory? That seems quite sound. Do you think it will work?

I'm going to see my bookie now.

Surferosa said:
I dont see what Tampa gets by trading up one spot to Chicago's pick. Tampa knows that the Bears are not in the market for a QB, so why would they move up one spot when Rodgers will be there at 5 anyway. Its not like the Bears can bluff the Bucs into thinking they will take a QB.

Lets put it another way. If Rodgers falls to the Bears at four, he will still be on the board at 5 for Tampa.

Because they know that there are other teams that want to move ahead of them to get a falling QB but that the further up you go if you are the other teams, the price gets higher. The Bears would happily shift down because they know they coulod probably get a back or a WR laster in the 0-10 area and get extra picks.

Back
Top Bottom